Problem updateing from 9.2.1.6 to to 9.2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaroslav Jasek

Dabbler
Hi,
I am try update firmware from 9.2.1.6 to 9.2.1.7. I use web GUI. New image dwonloaded OK - without any error, but after this is nothing started - FreeNAS run normaly without any error, ...
What of problem can be, when update not start ?
How can I diagnose, or log what is wrong ?

Thanks
Jaro

D

dlavigne

It's not clear from your post what is wrong. Can you access the FreeNAS GUI? Is there a particular service that is not starting? If so, what errors are in /var/log/messages?

Jaroslav Jasek

Dabbler
Hi,
I use FresNAS Guide steps for update. In this Guide is :

When finished, click the Apply Update button to begin the upgrade progress. Behind the scenes, the
following steps are occurring:
• the SHA256 hash is confirmed and an error will display if it does not match; if you get this
error, double-check that you pasted the correct checksum and try pasting again
• the new image is uncompressed and written to the USB compact or flash drive; this can take a
few minutes so be patient
• once the new image is written, you will momentarily lose your connection as the FreeNAS®
system will automatically reboot into the new version of the operating system
This step not start
• FreeNAS® will actually reboot twice: once the new operating system loads, the upgrade
process applies the new database schema and reboots again
• assuming all went well, the FreeNAS® system will receive the same IP from the DHCP server;
refresh your browser after a moment to see if you can access the system

Regards
Jaro

D

dlavigne

• once the new image is written, you will momentarily lose your connection as the FreeNAS®
system will automatically reboot into the new version of the operating system
This step not start
• FreeNAS® will actually reboot twice: once the new operating system loads, the upgrade
process applies the new database schema and reboots again
• assuming all went well, the FreeNAS® system will receive the same IP from the DHCP server;
refresh your browser after a moment to see if you can access the system

The system doesn't reboot? Or it doesn't come back up?

Jaroslav Jasek

Dabbler
Hi,

The system doesn't reboot. Run normally continue - without any new "status", ...

Jaro

D

dlavigne

That is strange? Nothing related in /var/log/messages? If you can't get the GUI upgrade to work, you can still backup your config and burn the new image to either the same or another stick and restore the config.

Jaroslav Jasek

Dabbler
Hi ,
OK - I start it from new image and restore the configuration - all OK.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.