Post upgrade - Services won't start/stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porklaser

Cadet
I recently upgraded from 8.0RELEASE to 8.0.1-RC2 (amd64)

When I go in to control Services and attempt to start or stop any services, a message pops up at the top and says "The service could not be started" or "The service could not be stopped" Respectively.

Everything works as before the upgrade, all my data is there, cifs and NFS work, etc, but I cant' start any new services or turn off any old ones.

The message log reports a lot of entries like "Will not 'restart' ***x because ***x_enable is NO

***x being the name of the daemon or service or whatnot, like sshd

Right now I've got CIFS and NFS enabled, and everything else is disabled. Any way to fix this?

ProtoSD

MVP
Backup your settings and then try a factory reset. See if things work they way you want them to. You can then try and restore your settings, but you might have the same problem and just need to re-enter stuff by hand.... Not the best solution, but it should work.

Porklaser

Cadet
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. I may have to create a new config, but thats probably my fault.

I've been doing some thinking and I think I know what I did wrong. I installed a copy of 8.0.1RC2 fresh and uploaded a config from 8.0RELEASE. That probably mucked everything up.

Everything else is running amazing however. Had my 4 1tb drive zpool in an intel nas running freenas.. Moved them in to my new server running ESXi 5.0 and created raw device mappings. Setup freenas in a VM and uploaded my config - The zpool showed up automatically and works perfect!

The VM is configured with 2 cores, 3GB of ram, LSI SAS for the storage controller, and vmxnet2 paravirtualized ethernet. - Is there a way to get paravirtualized storage going too?

Xeon E3-1230
SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCL+-F

Status
Not open for further replies.