8.0.4-RELEASE Upgrade problems - post your expieriences..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letni

Explorer
Please list any upgrade issues you encountered upgrading a previous version to 8.0.4-RELEASE:

Please include The Following:

1. Previous release (8.0.3(-p1), 8.0.4-RCX, etc)
2. Architcture (32 bit or 64 bit)
3. What filesystem and protection being used (UFS,ZFS,Raid-0,1,5,RAID-Z(1,2,3),etc)
4. Upgrade method (ISO from CD, WebGUI upgrade, etc)
5. Other services/features being used (iSCSI Target, Snapshots, CIFS, NSF, AFP, FTP, TFTP, ETC)
6. Discription of issue

Thank you

Letni

Explorer
1. 8.0.3-p1-RELEASE
2. 64 bit
3. ZFS with RAID-Z1
4. WebGUI
5. iSCSI Target to ESXi 5 environment, ZFS auto Snapshots - 1 per day on TANK, CIFS,NFS, AFP, TFTP, UPS (APC350 UPS)
6 ISSUES:

A. ZFS auto snapshot setting dissappeared, had to re-define auto-snapshot operation, doing so caused all existing snapshots (had 7 days worth) to be deleted upon first kick off of new snapshot schedule.
B. UPSD won't start now (working fine before).. Still debugging if settings simply were corrupted, or other underlying issue with NUT.
- UPDATE: Did a full "reboot" (actually powered off and back on) and now UPSD will start properly and everything detects

Z300M

Guru
Upgrade to 8.0.4RELEASE

1. Previous release: 8.0.3p1
2. Architecture: 64-bit
3. Filesystem and protection: ZFS, RAIDZ1
4. Upgrade method: WebGUI
5. Other services/features being used: Snapshots, CIFS, FTP, UPS, SSH, S.M.A.R.T
6. Description of issue:

(a) Screensaver kicks in faster than I can type (at the console), so I cannot enter commands properly: when the screensaver kicks in it cuts off the characters I've already typed. I was able to disable it from the GUI, but is there a way of setting the screensaver delay?

(b) Cannot replace a drive: the spare is recognized, but when I try to use it to replace an existing drive (using the GUI) it reports an (unspecified) error. With the previous version of FreeNAS it reported a GPT format failure (or some similar wording). The spare is a never-used drive identical to the other four -- Seagate 2TB SATA. (I was trying this only as a test, just in case, but if it's not going to work when I really do need it, what then?)

ProtoSD

MVP
(b) Cannot replace a drive: the spare is recognized, but when I try to use it to replace an existing drive (using the GUI) it reports an (unspecified) error. With the previous version of FreeNAS it reported a GPT format failure (or some similar wording). The spare is a never-used drive identical to the other four -- Seagate 2TB SATA. (I was trying this only as a test, just in case, but if it's not going to work when I really do need it, what then?)

I wonder if this is related to the bug I reported recently. In my case my pool was created on version 8.0 and when I tried to replace the disk in 8.03 it failed because the replace command created a larger swap partition than was on the other disks and there wasn't enough space to create the data partition. The replace (from the GUI) failed without any error.

roggeheflin

Dabbler
1. Previous release: 8.0.3-p1
2. Architecture: 64 bit
3. Filesystem: ZFS, RAID-Z1
4. Upgrade method: WebGUI upgrade
5. Other services: CIFS, AFP, SSH, SMART, powerd; dev.cpu.[0-3].cx_lowest = C3

6a. ZFS mount "disappears". I reboot and the and the volume re-appears.
6b. no eject icon in OSX Lion in Sidebar
6c. Errors deleting .AppleDouble

Status
Not open for further replies.