Pool not importing with latest update - 11 Nightlies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeNASftw

Contributor
Hello,

I rebooted after installing the latest updates and my pool would not import. I reboot a couple more times and it was the same. I didn't mess with things too much as I haven't done back ups of some of the data for too long... :( I've been on nightlies for a fair while now, installing the latest updates at least every two days, if not daily.

Anyway, rolled back to the previous release, rebooted, and the pool imported fine on boot.

Should I raise a ticket straight away? What info should I provide and how? etc etc

Cheers

melloa

Wizard
Dito.

Should I raise a ticket straight away?

Yes.

upload_2017-5-30_9-22-22.png

melloa

Wizard
What info should I provide and how? etc etc

Your server specs, the version you've updated from -> to, description on the problem.

Jerkson

Cadet
Same issue here:

Server: Dell R710 with LSI 9211-8e to HP SAS expander (v2.10) in external drive tray.
Version 11-MASTER-201705220408 --> 11-MASTER-201705300407

Cannot mount pool. "The volume ultrapool state is UNKNOWN"

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
FWIW, I had the same problem on my 'test' server when I installed last night's nightly release this morning, version FreeNAS-11-MASTER-2017050300407 (516935d).

I reported the bug and William Grzybowski responded that he/they already knew about and had fixed it.

To recover, I first detached the volume, then imported it using the GUI's Storage menu.

FreeNASftw

Contributor
FWIW, I had the same problem on my 'test' server when I installed last night's nightly release this morning, version FreeNAS-11-MASTER-2017050300407 (516935d).

I reported the bug and William Grzybowski responded that he/they already knew about and had fixed it.

To recover, I first detached the volume, then imported it using the GUI's Storage menu.
Yep, my ticket was marked as duplicate, I didn't see yours. I really didn't want to mess with mine too much or at all... It was a good reminder that some of my backups are out of date and I'm running nightlies....

Jerkson

Cadet
Yep, my ticket was marked as duplicate, I didn't see yours. I really didn't want to mess with mine too much or at all... It was a good reminder that some of my backups are out of date and I'm running nightlies....
It would be nice if it was marked as "duplicate of" so we can track the status of the original bug report.

Or maybe it is, and I'm just blind...

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
It would be nice if it was marked as "duplicate of" so we can track the status of the original bug report.

Or maybe it is, and I'm just blind...
My bug report was marked as a duplicate, but it was a private report owing to its containing debug information. Perhaps that's why you didn't see a "duplicate of" message?

FreeNASftw

Contributor
I've had others that have been marked as 'duplicate' with no reference to the original ticket. Maybe someone should file a ticket for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.