Moving from 11 Nightlies to Stable. Not finding Volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlentz3

Dabbler
So awhile back I changed to the nightlies train as I'd read it fixed an issue I was having. Now I want to get back to the Stable train and I'm having a few issues.

After I rollback to stable it will not import my pool (volume?). It doesn't even show the storage tab in the left column of the GUI. If I click on the storage icon on the top row of the GUI it just says:
"unable to load /api/v1.0/storage/volume status :500" in the storage/volumes tab where it would normally show my volume. The "import pool" button just gives me an Operational Error exception after I start the import.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.30.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.30.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.30.43 AM.png

I thought I saved the txt of the following but I only had a screenshot. I did find some commands on the forum that sounded like they might be able to fix this based on the search of: "unable to load /api/v1.0/storage/volume status :500"
Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 1.09.42 AM.png

One more, screenshot so you can see the missing storage tab on the left.
Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 12.30.27 AM.png

Right now I'm running 11-Master-201708290409, trying to move to the latest 11 release. The results are the same on 11.0-RELEASE, 11.0-U2, & 11.0-U4.

Please point me in the proper direction if it's possible to do this. I'd really like to get back on the stable train so I don't have to cross my fingers every time I hit update.

jlentz3

Dabbler
How did you rollback exactly?
Under System>Boot, I set the active boot environment (I think thats what its called).

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 9.50.42 AM.png

edited to add: The first time I tried it I booted on the 11.0-RELEASE, Then I ran the update on it to 11.0-U2, last night I booted to 11.0-RELEASE and then updated it to 11.0-U4.

Last edited:

jlentz3

Dabbler
FWIW, last night after I started this thread I updated to the latest nightlies train to see if that helped at all, it didn't.

D

dlavigne

While booted into the U4 install, does the issue resolve itself if you do a Factory Restore? Note that that will remove your config so you'll want to make sure you take a copy of the config first.

Another option is to save your config, then reinstall a fresh copy of U4 to the same (or another) stick. If that resolves the issue, you should then be able to restore the saved config.

jlentz3

Dabbler
While booted into the U4 install, does the issue resolve itself if you do a Factory Restore? Note that that will remove your config so you'll want to make sure you take a copy of the config first.

Factory restore works, when I upload my config file afterwards it breaks it again.

Is there a way to root out the bad part of the config file and retain the useful things I'd rather not have to manually rebuild? It looks like I'll need to manually set up all my shares/users/groups/etc. Not the end of the world but a bit of a headache. (I'm looking into the differences, It may not be much stuff to manually re-enter.)

D

dlavigne

It might take longer figuring out which setting it doesn't like than recreating it...

jlentz3

Dabbler
Just to follow up for anyone having the same issue. It wasn't too hard to just rebuild my configuration. Biggest pain in the butt was sorting out how I'd managed to make my time machine backups work again. (I forgot to screenshot a couple of pages..)

Status
Not open for further replies.