Pool not decrypting

HughT

Dabbler
Hi,

Apologies for my first post on here being a problem! Having an issue with one of my pools not decrypting (with either the passphrase or the key), hardware is:

SuperMicro X11SSL-CF with EEC using onboard controller and 9300-8i to raid2z 10 hard drives. Current version of Freenas 11.3-u1 (although tried rolling back to a working version of 11.3-RELEASE that I'm now on with no luck). Has been running for about 2 years without issue.

I went to decrypt and got the following error:

Code:
rror: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 239, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 95, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 51, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 43, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 43, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 965, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 382, in import_pool
    zfs.import_pool(found, found.name, options, any_host=any_host)
  File "libzfs.pyx", line 369, in libzfs.ZFS.__exit__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/zfs.py", line 380, in import_pool
    raise CallError(f'Pool {name_or_guid} not found.', errno.ENOENT)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOENT] Pool 14543075816451657112 not found.
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 1660, in unlock
    'cachefile': ZPOOL_CACHE_FILE,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1127, in call
    app=app, pipes=pipes, job_on_progress_cb=job_on_progress_cb, io_thread=True,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1074, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1094, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1029, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1003, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [ENOENT] Pool 14543075816451657112 not found.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 349, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 386, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 961, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/pool.py", line 1672, in unlock
    raise CallError(msg)
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Pool could not be imported: 10 devices failed to decrypt.

When I look at the disks themselves they say pool is "unused" rather than pool-files as they would normally say. I've tried re-importing but it's not finding the pool. When I try and set up new pool they are worryingly all showing as available for use, Not quite sure what next steps (if any) should be to try and recover this?

Appreciate any help or advice that can be given!

Thanks

H