Plugins won't delete and /mnt "full"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Hi All,

My system is running Freenas 9.1.1 and has a couple old plugins that i'd like to get rid of. Can anyone guide me in the correct direction?

When trying to remove old plugins i get an error saying the following:

Mar 29 13:37:38 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/local/bin/warden list -v
Mar 29 13:37:38 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:57] Popen()ing: /usr/local/bin/warden delete sabnzbd_1 --confirm
Mar 29 13:37:38 freenas kernel: pid 7884 (nginx), uid 80 inumber 173 on /mnt: filesystem full

D

dlavigne

Is the filesystem full? If so, do you have any snapshot tasks?

D

dlavigne

Interesting. Try this from the GUI shell. Type warden list to see a list of the jails, then warden delete name_of_jail. Does it give the same error? If so, post the output of dh -h /mnt.

D

dlavigne

/mnt is definitely full, so you will have to delete whatever is filling it up. Did you install anything on the FreeNAS system (i.e. not in a jail)?

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Okay, i'll take a look. I attempted to install openvpn at one point, but that's about it.

Lastb0isct

Explorer
My /mnt is really small, not sure what i can delete!

Code:
Filesystem            Size    Used  Avail Capacity  Mounted on               
/dev/ufs/FreeNASs2a    926M    661M    191M    78%    /                       
devfs                  1.0k    1.0k      0B  100%    /dev                     
/dev/md0              4.6M    3.8M    402k    91%    /etc                     
/dev/md1              823k    810k    -52k  107%    /mnt                     
/dev/md2              149M    53M    83M    39%    /var                     
/dev/ufs/FreeNASs4      19M      3M    15M    16%    /data                   
freenas                15T    7.3T    7.8T    48%    /mnt/freenas             
freenas/software      7.9T    87G    7.8T    1%    /mnt/freenas/software

total 107                                                                     
drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel    512 Mar 22 23:41 .                             
drwxr-xr-x  20 root  wheel    512 Nov  6 08:45 ..                             
drwxrwxr-x  2 root  operator  512 Mar 22 23:41 .snap                         
drwxrwxrwx  20 root  wheel      25 Mar 27 15:25 freenas                       
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel      5 Aug 27  2013 md_size 

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes? /mnt is supposed to be small... you aren't supposed to be copying anything to it. So you should figure out what you've copied to it and delete it.. ;)

bumping is unnecessary and gets the experienced guys to add you to their ignore list rather quickly. ;)

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Hey Cyberjock, just haven't found anything in /mnt other than my filesystem, a .snap file and md_size file. I did an ls above as you can see and nothing shows up. That is why i bumped, because i can't figure out what to delete.

I haven't been copying anything to /mnt which is why i'm curious there is an issue.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Wait a second.. your pool is named "freenas". That's one of those "forbidden" names if I remember correctly.. "data" is another forbidden names.

Lastb0isct

Explorer
The FAQ states: "it is recommended to choose a name that will stick out in the logs (e.g. not data or freenas)". Not forbidden, just recommended

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, there's coding problems with those names. It's more than just not recommended. If you search the forums you'll see there's actually problems with those names. It wasn't about logs in any of those cases. FreeNAS tripped up on itself because of the name. As soon as the pool name changed it was fine.

I had one person that had a pool named data that wouldn't mount for him. He was going to pay me to recover his data since this was a business. All I had to do was rename the pool which took all of 5 minutes. So there's plenty of history for the names.

Also that FAQ hasn't been updated in over a year. It's quite possible it'll be axed very soon because someone at iX has noticed it's not being maintained.

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Does that account for the reason my /mnt would be at 107% capacity? I am having no other issues, other than plugins.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I think they are related somehow. I've never seen a /mnt that's at >100% capacity. I have seen dozens and dozens of plugin issues, and most are user error.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of problems are user error or user doing things wrong. I'm not saying that's your fault here because I don't have enough information to really point the finger at a given problem. If I could blame something, even if it was you, at least I could tell you what you did wrong and you could learn something. Unfortunately, it's hard to know without asking for a history of every single checkbox, CLI command, and setting you've *ever* set.

FreeNAS and ZFS is sufficiently complex that you could do a few things from the CLI to deliberately screw things up and end up screw things up so badly that if you paid me to fix it it would take more than a full workday to find everything you screwed up. One thing that makes FreeNAS nice is that if you never do anything from the CLI you probably haven't done anything that can't be easily un-f*cked. But, you drop to the CLI and start doing things and it can get ugly real fast.

One person I worked with a few days ago asked me to look at his server. After 2 hours we had some theories, I had found several things he had changed that were absolutely scary and did the exact opposite of what he wanted to accomplish. Right now, he's borrowed a friends server so he can backup all of his data, redo his freenas server from scratch, then copy his data back. It was that bad... :(

Hopefully you understand why alot of topics around here I just don't even try to fix. Fixing some are just near impossible and it's important that the server admin understand what he is doing instead of trying to figure out how to cookbook a server. Cookbooking works really well, until you walk up to the cliff. Then you fall off and there's no way to get back because there's no basic knowledge.

If I were you, I'd do a pool rename and see if that helps.

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Do you know where I can find instructions on how to rename the pool? I can't seem to find that on the forum/wiki.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

Lastb0isct

Explorer
Yeah, i guess i was using wrong terminology. "rename" doesn't come up with much...haha. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.