Plugins - Folder Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealpure

Dabbler
Hey,

Just setup Freenas 9.2 using 2x1tb discs in my HP Proliant N54L.

First thing I did was set up a single mirror volume.
Then went to plugins and installed CP, SB, and SAB.

I don't really understand "jails" and how the relate to plugins. But It appears that doing this method 3 separate jails are generated with different IP addresses. I think I am having issues with putting mounting points in the jails.

I can't seem to access the main directory from within the SAB configuration. To setup SAB to place the downloaded files in the /Data/Media directory. The file structure that the SAB config can see is only "usr/pbi/sabnzbd-amd64/etc/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete". I can't see the /Data/Media directory from there.

What have I done wrong? How do I mount a folder from a jail to the Data/Media directory?

Thanks for any help

therealpure

Dabbler
I've also checked this guide

http://everyday-tech.com/archives/1717

Which states that you should configure the SAB jail by:
adding storage
Source "mnt/RAID/Media" Which is in my case "/mnt/Data/Media"
Destination "/media" which I set it too

But I still can't see the directories I want to. How are you meant to download the nzb files to /mnt/Data/Media??

grendel69

Dabbler
Jails are basically separate VM's.

You need to use the 'add storage' option on the left to map folders inside the jail to folders outside the jail.

therealpure

Dabbler
OK.

Where do the source and destination directories need to point to?

The source was set to "mnt/Data/Media" and the destination was set to "/mnt". I was under the impression that this would mean that if I set the download completed directory in SAB to "/mnt" within the jail the downloaded files should turn up in "mnt/Data/Media" on the main volume.

I've also noted this in the log files of Freenas

"sys_lsetxattr("/mnt/Data/."): Permission denied"

Which seems to point out that SAB can't write to that directory.

therealpure

Dabbler
I think I've got it to work with one of the plugins.

I set the download completed folder to match the destination on the mount. Then tested a download file. It appeared in the source location of "/mnt/Data/Media" (Note I had to add "/" to the beginning.

To sort the permission denied issue I changed the write permissions on the Data directory within the Freenas web GUI.

Hopefully I can now set up all the other plugins to work now. Although I did hear about an issue when each plugin is within separate jails then the CP plugin would be able to see the downloaded SAB files. Any tips on this?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

therealpure

Dabbler
Yeah I thought it must have got PAR as it was already unpacking the files.

Somethings strange now. I had my SAB and CP folders setup to

SAB download to /mnt/Vol2/media/

CP to look in /mnt/Vol2/media and move to /mnt/Vol2/media/films

With the jail mounts of :
SAB Source: /mnt/Vol2/Media/ Dest: /mnt

CP Source: /mnt/Vol2/Media/ Dest : /media
CP Source: /mnt/Vol2/Media/Films Dest: /mnt

This downloads to just the /mnt/Vol2//Media folder. Then the CP should look there and move and rename the files placing them in the /mnt/Vol2/Media/Films. But it doesn't

So I've tried putting the Downloads in a folder /mnt/Vol2/Media/Downloads by changing the SAB jail mount to that directory and the CP mount to point to there as well.

No luck. SAB just downloads direct to /mnt/Vol2/Media still and CP still won't move the files and tidy them.

Any tips on this?

P.s I hope it was clear!

therealpure

Dabbler
A restart seems to have helped. The files are now downloading to the download folder. And after another restart of CP it seems to be moving them to the media folder

Status
Not open for further replies.