Plugin does not show up in Dashboard plugins/installed after install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Mahler

Dabbler
All,
I have installed two pluging (Plex and GitLab) on 11.2-Beta, the following has been observed.

1) install with dhcp - unable to install with a static IP Address (different problem - maybe)
2) look in plugins/install and they are shown
3) change the IP address of the Jail (only for GitLab)
4) look in plugins/install and both plugins are gone
5) change back to DHCP and they reappear - albeit after the page goes back to legacy (close the page and go back in and new UI appears) and both are shown in plugins/installed
6) change GitLab back to static and both disapear in the plugins/installed
7) i can reach Gitlab and use it on the new static IP Address, but am unable to reach Plex...

interesting behavior - wondering what they ramifications of this is, i looked but did not see it reported. also,

thanks

Apologies, this is a cross post from "Bug Reporting Discussion" - but never received an response.

roger...

Rusty!

Dabbler
None of my iocage plugins show in the installed section, I just assume it's broken and will be sorted in a later beta/RC.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Is this in BETA1? It works here?

Roger Mahler

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.2-BETA1 (Build Date: Jul 6, 2018 22:29)

on my network, i am finding the following;

If i install the plugin and leave DHCP everything works, when i changed to a static IP address i would loose the plugins installed and sometimes the jails..

if i reboot the server nothing happens,

when i go back to DHCP everything re-appears.

have been doing this for a couple of days with similar results - there may be something i am doing wrong but, at the moment not able to determine what or if i installed something incorrectly.

roger...

Roger Mahler

Dabbler
not sure if it matters, but this was not a clean install but an upgrade from 11 - the default from the website.

roger...

Roger Mahler

Dabbler
just found out it is a reported bug (13 days old)

roger...

Still no update available.. (20 days old)

When trying to install Emby I get "{repo} could not be reached, please check your DNS" using either DHCP or IPV4 static.

diskdiddler

Wizard
The big is very likely related to the beta1 os.

Very likely to be fixed in 24 hours with beta 2

Roger Mahler

Dabbler
so there should be a new item in the drop down for FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE to FreeNAS-11.2 beta 2 or is it a new release number - new to freenas and not sure of their release conventions.

diskdiddler

Wizard
If you look in the train options, you'll see Freenas 11.2 Stable, yes. That (oddly) is the beta, it'll pull down BETA1 right now and BETA2 maybe in 12 - 24 hours.

Eventually I believe it will become the final version for 11.2 stable. and I guess (?) that 11.1 users will have to change train, in order to upgrade?

diskdiddler

Wizard
It's now available 11.2 BETA2

30 mins later just says.. System Restarting.. Please wait..

Opened another tab.. all I get is a blue background with a white box and no text? What a surprise..
So that's a none starter already.. very disillusioned!

So what happens now? Do I need to switch off the HP server and try again (( hope it springs back to life )) or shall I start preparing a boot USB or something really tedious like that and hope my data is still there? Maybe one of the coders can take the initiative and miraculously offer some guidance.. that would change the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.