PlexWatch Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianDMG

Explorer
I'm getting the same results with the plugin jail.. On the standard jail, I was able to fetch the ports collection using portsnap, but I kept getting errors at the end of the install for each of the package.

BrianDMG

Explorer
Alright, so pkg works now, and I successfully got plexWatch installed and running.

However, following the steps given by nitefood on installing plexWatchWeb, I run into a couple of problems:

1) The install defaults to apache24 instead of apache22 (which may not be a problem itself), and
2) When I try to run apache, I get this error:
Code:
root@PlexWatch:/ # service apache24 start
Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:
Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found, required by "httpd"
Starting apache24.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache24: WARNING: failed to start apache24

I did a little looking around on Google, but didn't see anything that looked relevant. Any ideas?

Edit: Manually installed apache22, same error.

Last edited:

Pete Pineda

Cadet
Alright, so pkg works now, and I successfully got plexWatch installed and running.

However, following the steps given by nitefood on installing plexWatchWeb, I run into a couple of problems:

1) The install defaults to apache24 instead of apache22 (which may not be a problem itself), and
2) When I try to run apache, I get this error:
Code:
root@PlexWatch:/ # service apache24 start
Starting apache24.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache24: WARNING: failed to start apache24

I did a little looking around on Google, but didn't see anything that looked relevant. Any ideas?

Edit: Manually installed apache22, same error.

I am getting the same issues. I can get past that libaprutil-1.so.0 error by using the pkg_add -r and adding packages that way (and apache22). But that way I can't install mod_php5 which means, when I go to the page it forces me to download the php page instead of displaying it. So then I tried pkg install, and I get the same error as BrianDMG. Looking into as well, but can't find anything that explains.

If you can figure out how to install mod_php5 using pkg_add -r that would get you around this error.

BrianDMG

Explorer
I am getting the same issues. I can get past that libaprutil-1.so.0 error by using the pkg_add -r and adding packages that way (and apache22). But that way I can't install mod_php5 which means, when I go to the page it forces me to download the php page instead of displaying it. So then I tried pkg install, and I get the same error as BrianDMG. Looking into as well, but can't find anything that explains.

If you can figure out how to install mod_php5 using pkg_add -r that would get you around this error.

Well, here's where I'm at now: following the advice from this page, I was able to get rid of the "Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found, required by "httpd"" error using the command:
Code:
pkg install devel/apr1

However, now when I try and manually run plexWatch.pl to verify that it still works, I get this error:
Code:
root@PlexWatch:# /usr/bin/perl /opt/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl
Can't locate Net/SMTPS.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16 .) at /opt/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 104.

Leads me to believe that the above pkg may not be an ideal 'fix'.. I guess I'm going to start Googling this new error and see what I can find.

P.S.: I'm also having the problem where it just downloads the index.html page instead of showing it, despite the fact that "pkg install mod_php5" reports a successful installation.

Pete Pineda

Cadet
Well, here's where I'm at now: following the advice from this page, I was able to get rid of the "Shared object "libaprutil-1.so.0" not found, required by "httpd"" error using the command:
Code:
pkg install devel/apr1

However, now when I try and manually run plexWatch.pl to verify that it still works, I get this error:
Code:
Can't locate Net/SMTPS.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.16 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.16 .) at /opt/plexWatch/plexWatch.pl line 104.

Leads me to believe that the above pkg may not be an ideal 'fix'.. I guess I'm going to start Googling this new error and see what I can find.

P.S.: I'm also having the problem where it just downloads the index.html page instead of showing it, despite the fact that "pkg install mod_php5" reports a successful installation.

Yeah, it probably isn't. You are still further than I, I think. I get:

root@plexwatch:/usr/local/www/apache24/data # service apache24 restart
httpd: Syntax error on line 153 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf: Cannot load libexec/apache24/libphp5.so into server: Shared object "libxml2.so.2" not found, required by "libphp5.so"

I'm on
root@plexwatch:/usr/local/www/apache24/data # uname -a FreeBSD plexwatch 9.2-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3 #0 r+e43779a: Fri Feb 7
16:17:25 PST 2014 root@build.ixsystems.com:/home/jkh/checkout/freenas/os-base/amd64/tank/home/jkh/checkout/freenas/FreeBSD/src/sys/FREENAS.amd64 amd64

Pete Pineda

Cadet
Code:
pkg install devel/apr1

Code:

Okay, I got past my apache server errors by running first

pkg_add -r apache24 php5-sqlite3 php5-curl php5-json php5-extensions

Then

pkg install mod_php5 devel/apr1

And saying No when it asks for other things. Now I'm like where you are where it trys to download a file when I visit the page. Going to look into more...

nitefood

Dabbler
Hi,

apache usually makes you download a file instead of showing it in your browser when it can't recognize its extension. This usually means that apache doesn't know how to handle files of such type (for example .php). If this is your case, the problem needs to be fixed in apache configuration by the means of "AddType" directives (step 3 of my previous post)...give it a try and remember to restart apache afterwards.

Pete Pineda

Cadet
Hi,

apache usually makes you download a file instead of showing it in your browser when it can't recognize its extension. This usually means that apache doesn't know how to handle files of such type (for example .php). If this is your case, the problem needs to be fixed in apache configuration by the means of "AddType" directives (step 3 of my previous post)...give it a try and remember to restart apache afterwards.

I FINALLY got mine to work!

Thanks for the help. I went over step 3 again and I did that, but my previous post of answering no was wrong and it just didn't set things up right.

So ran:

"pkg install mod_php5" then "pkg install devel1/apr1"

But I got a "libxml2.so.2" not found, so I did: "pkg install libxml2" and it now works!! Hopefully that helps someone else in my position

BrianDMG

Explorer
Success on my end, too. I'm not sure why my "AddType"s weren't 'taking', but they finally did. It works like a charm, but it's reeaaally slow.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
apache usually makes you download a file instead of showing it in your browser when it can't recognize its extension.

Um.... no. There is no difference between "showing it in your browser" and "download[ing] a file", it's sending the file in both cases and Apache has no ability to make you do any particular thing with it. Your BROWSER, however, relies on Apache to tell it what kind of data it is, and your BROWSER is making those choices on behalf of you.

Extensions are one popular way to allow Apache to identify the content type of a file, but there are other ways too.

nitefood

Dabbler
Uhm, not entirely true. Php is parsed server side, so if you don't instruct apache that .php extension marks files that have to be processed through php and parsed on the server end, it'll treat as a data file and "push it" your way. From there on, the browser will rely on whatever content type apache is throwing at it, and act accordingly.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nitefood

Dabbler
Oh and by the way, there IS a difference between a php file being "showed" and "downloaded": first case, you get the output of the php script after it has been executed, second case you get to download the raw php source.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
But now you're talking stuff handled entirely on the server side. That has nothing to do with the point I made. The determination of what to do with a specific content-type being sent on the wire - i.e. after the web server has already parsed it and decided to send the bytes to you - is entirely up to the browser. If you specify one content type, the browser might try to display it as an HTML document, while other content types might cause the rendering of the data as a GIF, or cause the browser to decide it's a binary download, or even something obscure like a certificate or proxy autoconfig file. In all cases the data sent on the wire is the same except for the content-type and maybe other header data.

Apache has no particular power to make a client do any particular thing. Consider, for example, wget. Apache would have a devil of a time insisting that wget display data as an HTML page ...

nitefood

Dabbler
Ohh now I get your point. You'll have to excuse my poor choice of the words "apache makes you download".
All I meant was: "since apache doesn't recognize the php extension as being that of a file it has to route through its server-side php parser, it'll send it your way as a normal data file that your browser will try to download beacuse its content-type has not been marked as html".

But that would've sound a little preposterous to say the least, beacuse the point I was trying to get across was not "the http protocol works like this:", but rather "fix your AddType directives, as that's what's probably troubling you".

That said, don't get me wrong: I enjoy technical debate as much as you probably do, but perhaps this particular thread isn't the best place for that :)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
That's fine, I just like to try to be clear because it is annoying how complicated an Apache system can be, and the multiple fuzzy layers of abstraction and capabilities are a frustrating legacy we've left for the next generation.

BrianDMG

Explorer
So, anyone have any idea why plexWatchWeb would be incredibly difficult to actually pull up? Out of any 5 given reloads of http://IP_ADD/plexWatch/. it might actually load once. I'm certain apache is capable of being more reliable than that..Or is pWW just squirrely like that?

nitefood

Dabbler
You should look inside the logs for possible timeouts or errors (apache logs would be a good start)

BrianDMG

Explorer
You should look inside the logs for possible timeouts or errors (apache logs would be a good start)

Alright, so I looked through the httpd-error.log (apache error log), and it looks like I have a few different things going on (here's the log on pastebin):

• There seems to be an issue with sqlite3 - there are multiple references in the log to libsqlite3.so.0 not being found (despite sqlite3 being installed).
  • The jail in general seems to be having some connection issues (tried pkg install sqlite3 to update/reinstall sqlite3, and keep getting connection timed out)
  • pWw's index.php is throwing up tons of errors, most of which seem to be related to either my Plex Auth Token, or undefined variables (despite all variables having been defined in plexWatch's config.pl, and in pWW's GUI).
I'm sure there are probably other things in there that I'm missing, but the jail is definitely having its own connectivity issues for some reason, which isn't helping anything.

nitefood

Dabbler
I'm sorry but the logs got me curious, and I have to ask: do you provide upstream connectivity to a brazilian university through the USA or did you simply use that 200... IP address on your LAN?

Anyway, did you try switching package mirrors to see if things improve? Do you have other connectivity issues inside the jail, beside when fetching packages?
From reading your previous posts i notice your system automatically installs apache24 instead of apache22 even though you supposedly ran a "pkg install apache22". This is rather weird and I wonder: are you on a plugin jail, or did you eventually stick to a standard jail? are you using pkgng or portsnap?

BrianDMG

Explorer
The 200... is my local LAN :)

I have general connectivity issues, that seemingly come in waves for no discernible reason. For instance, when I ping www.google.com, sometimes I'll get 0% packet loss, sometimes 20% (back to back), along with ping times usually in the 15-25ms range, which seems pretty slow. Running the pkg install command seems to follow a similar up & down pattern, where sometimes it works like a charm and other times it times out. I ended up on a plugin jail, and the connection issues seem to persist regardless of which package delivery system I try and use - I had all the same issues with pkg, portsnap, and wget. Since my last post, I did manage to get sqlite3 to update, and the pWw pages do seem to be loading more reliably now, if not still pretty slowly.

I feel like it's worth mentioning that I have Plex installed on a totally seperate jail (also a plugin jail, and it's manually installed - not from the "FreeNAS plugin" repository) with basically the identical network setup (obviously with a different IP/MAC), and it seems to work like a champ 100% of the time, so I'm not sure why this particular jail is being feisty.

Status
Not open for further replies.