plexmediaserver plugin cannot be installed on truenas core 12.0 beta

jimny

Cadet
Hi,
After a fresh installation of truenas core 12.0 beta, I try to install the plexmediaserver plugin. But I got an error when the installation reached its 75%.
Install
Error: plexmediaserver had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg error: - ffmpeg : Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh! Partial plugin destroyed
Can anyone help me to solve the problem?
Thanks!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I get the same... looks like the pkg referenced isn't the right one for FreeBSD 12.

ThreeDee

Guru
have you tried just manually installing?

Yorick

Wizard
Pretty sure I had tested danb35's script on TrueNAS and it worked. My YT walkthrough of that is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvM32lWc_r4 . Just ignore the rsync and hardware transcode shenanigans, they are not needed for your purpose of just installing Plex.

Edit: Confirmed, works fine and installs a 12.1 jail.

Last edited:

r3m0dul8

Cadet
Just doesn't want to work, I think where it fails is that I have a LAGG port that attaches directly to vlans and nothing physical.

What I need to be able to do is change the bridge setting in the jail before it boots to represent the VLAN it resides on, anything to work around this as all it does is fail

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36 KB · Views: 327

Yorick

Wizard
When you say nothing physical you mean no native VLAN?

I think you’re right that the script will struggle in this case. You can manually add that to the relevant line that creates the jail, for now. I think it’s the vnet_default_interface you need, but you’d know this in more detail, since you’ve set up jails on VLANs and I haven’t.

r3m0dul8

Cadet
When you say nothing physical you mean no native VLAN?

I think you’re right that the script will struggle in this case. You can manually add that to the relevant line that creates the jail, for now. I think it’s the vnet_default_interface you need, but you’d know this in more detail, since you’ve set up jails on VLANs and I haven’t.

Yea, I saw that option and changed it to reflect the correct VLAN bridge (vnet0:bridge15) and it threw another error. It does have a native lan (1) but as as a security thing I disabled it as I don't need it running for things to work. There has to be a fix and it has to be something as simple as what you suggest but alas I am at a loss.

I've dropped a issue on Dan's github, guess I'm just gonna have to wait to see if there is a fix as I use DHCP on my VLAN via pfSense so need it pfSense to assign IP's before setting static as I prefer to control all IP addresses from pfSense.

r3m0dul8

Cadet
Yea, I saw that option and changed it to reflect the correct VLAN bridge (vnet0:bridge15) and it threw another error. It does have a native lan (1) but as as a security thing I disabled it as I don't need it running for things to work. There has to be a fix and it has to be something as simple as what you suggest but alas I am at a loss.

I've dropped a issue on Dan's github, guess I'm just gonna have to wait to see if there is a fix as I use DHCP on my VLAN via pfSense so need it pfSense to assign IP's before setting static as I prefer to control all IP addresses from pfSense.
Just tried with the native LAGG active and still it refuses to work!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 318

Kelly Hays

Dabbler
Hi,
After a fresh installation of truenas core 12.0 beta, I try to install the plexmediaserver plugin. But I got an error when the installation reached its 75%.

Can anyone help me to solve the problem?
Thanks!

The ffmpeg package was missing from the FreeBSD package repo for a few days. It is back now. Please try again.