Plex will not display thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

odragon

Dabbler
Hello all. Currently seeing an issue where my Plex server just will not load any thumbnails. I found this thread relating to my problem but, for whatever reason, my plex server will not get out of the "/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server" location and look at just the "/media" location I mapped in the jail storage configuration. Running Freenas 11.1 and plex 1.12.0.4829.

Jail Storage:
2018-03-17 19_47_53-Dragonfreenas - FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE (dc7d195f4).jpg

Plex directories available for media mapping:

2018-03-17 19_50_14-Plex.jpg

After selecting "/Media" from the directory path
2018-03-17 19_50_35-Plex.jpg

From the aforementioned post, it seems that the "/var/db..." path is not the correct location but Plex just doesn't want to move away from this directory. As of now, my PMS is just a bunch of empty thumbnails :( . I will note that I manually typed the desired location but then PMS didn't see any media.

Redcoat

MVP
Replace the shown "/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server" with "/media"

odragon

Dabbler
Replace the shown "/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server" with "/media"

I literally just did this again and it worked! But I did make three separate storage mounts against the jail in order to do this (which makes complete sense). Thanks for the reply!

2018-03-17 20_38_37-Dragonfreenas - FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE (dc7d195f4).jpg

Redcoat

MVP
Glad it worked for you. Your question has come up repeatedly since Plex made changes to their interface that made it non-intuitive.

odragon

Dabbler
Glad it worked for you. Your question has come up repeatedly since Plex made changes to their interface that made it non-intuitive.

Yeah that makes sense. I was expecting a mounted dataset to be available in the web UI picker but that just isn't the case. All good though thanks again for your assistance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.