PLEX Unsupported Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

amilliner147

Dabbler
I want to install PLEX Unsupported Plugins on my FreeNas box but i have no idea how. Could someone give this noob some help PLz

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
That's such a broad question.

What exactly are you confused about?

amilliner147

Dabbler
Sorry if i posted in the wrong spot .... Well im new to freenas i dont know how to find the folder to put the plugin in ....

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Sorry if i posted in the wrong spot .... Well im new to freenas i dont know how to find the folder to put the plugin in ....
But see that's where it's a broad question. There are multiple ways of installing and running a Plex server.

I'm going to assume you used the "plugin method", rather than the better updated manual installation method.

Look in /var/db/Plex? Inside the jail.

If you're connecting to your server via sftp, look at /mnt/poolname/jailsdatasetname/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/Plex?

MisterIce

Explorer
The plug-ins folder is located in (inside plex using ssh):

/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

or if you go @pirateghost his way

/mnt/*poolname*/*jails-dataset*/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

amilliner147

Dabbler
OK new question how do i get to the folders do i have to use shell for that or am i missing something .... Thanks for the help so far

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
OK new question how do i get to the folders do i have to use shell for that or am i missing something .... Thanks for the help so far
You can use ssh in conjunction with wget to get the files, or you can use sftp to access your freenas server and browse to the paths indicated previously.

It sounds like you need to do a little more reading on ways to access your server.

Enable SSH. Use an sftp client like filezilla, and connect to freenas server. Browse to path. Upload plugin files to said path.

amilliner147

Dabbler
Just wanted to thank you guys for the help i got it working all thinks to you... I need some more help but i want to post in the right spot it about opencloud and using it with pfsense

Status
Not open for further replies.