Plugins on Feenas 9.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peergo

Cadet
I know I may get clever answers about bothering others with issues in old version but unfortunately because of unsupported NIC I needed to fall back to 9.1.1. (and I've been trying to get on 9.2 for almost 2 days).
The issue I have is that I do not see any plugins nor predefined plugin URL (appcafe.org) work. What I am actually after is Plex Media Server plugin. I've been trying to find some help in the forum treads but without succes. I do not see any plugin in the list and when I upload plugin icon I get long error report with following header:

Request Method:GET
Request URL:http://192.168.5.55/plugins/plugin/upload/
Software Version:FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35)
Exception Type:AttributeError
Exception Value:
'sipcalc_ipv4_type' object has no attribute 'usable_range'
Exception Location:/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/jails/utils.py in guess_adresses, line 74
Server time:Mon, 15 Sep 2014 21:34:19 +0200

is there anybody able to help? I have some basic skill ( I am able to follow the instructions in the shell) only.

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you post your hardware and such? I find it weird that you are on 9.1.1 when drivers are constantly being added, so I'd expect support to improve.

And if you are going to say that you have a Realtek NIC you'll probably lose all chance of getting a fix. The solution is $25 or so and when given a choice between a volunteer spending hours to help you or you spending $25, guess which way people vote. :P

Unfortunately we don't have the manpower to help everyone that wants to use a Realtek with their issues one-on-one.

peergo

Cadet
Thanks cyberjock. You're right, onboard NIC is Realtek so I bought Intel based PCI 1Gb NIC.
So what I planning to do is:
1. install it in 9.1.1
2. upgrade freenas to 9.2

I just wonder whether you can advice how to install this new NIC without need to re-install whole Freenas (and messing up current installation). I've been briefly searching forums but I could find anything on this topic.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Install the NIC and set it up in FreeNAS. There's no advice to give. You just do it. ;)

peergo

Cadet
Thanks Cyberjock,

I took your advice and invested in new NIC (Intel pro1000) and to my big surprise I ended up in infinite boot loop again (with 9.2.8 update). After some time spent it seems to be issue with MoBo. I have wrote to thread related to that and there seems that pagan had found some solution. I am just not skilled enough to execute on it and I would need step by step guide or maybe you guys fix the issue with one of upcoming releases.

Just for reference, here is link to mentioned thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...eenas-9-2-0-stuck-in-reboot-loop.17144/page-2

Cheers,

Peergo

Status
Not open for further replies.