Plex Streaming problems since updating to 11.2

voipboy

Cadet
Hi All

Help please....this is driving me nuts and I don't really know where to start fixing this. I have had plex running seamlessly for a few years on the old 9.x platform but something went wrong a few weeks back.....the plugins wouldn't work at all and nor could I download and run plex plugin. So I took the plunge and updated the platform to where I am now on 11.2-U3.

I managed to recover all the ZFS pool etc to retain my content and it all went really well. Plex is installed (actually I have PLex and PLex Pass as I didnt know the difference) Content all mapped nicely and everything updated.....great I thought.

However for some reason now with any content thats 1080p or more it starts streaming and then stops and gives an error saying it cannot stream. It pauses tries to reload a few times etc before quitting completely.

It does this on PC, and Roku and Android unless I use VLC which works fine - only issue is on Roku you cannot select an external player.

It seems to be something to do with the conversion thats going wrong, but Ive tried a few different settings in plex none of which make any difference.

Can someone shed some light or tell me how to try and pin point the issue?

Thanks

GT

nojohnny101

Wizard
Have you looked in to the plex logs? That is the first place I would look. They can be downloaded from the the web ui of plex under settings.

EDIT: Your symptoms seem to suggest a permission problem somewhere.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Can someone shed some light or tell me how to try and pin point the issue?
Complete hardware specs please.
How is plex installed, standard jail or plugin?
Have you changed permissions on the jails dataset where plex is installed?