plex Plugin FN11.2

ledieu

Dabbler
after another hardware failure I bought 2 SSDs to run in Mirror Mode so I wont have to do this all the time again.
I'm back on square one. or something similar atleast...

let me start from scratch (what I did anyways).
I went ahead created the pool made it my standard for jails. installed the plexpass plugin and saw to it that everything was running.
Then I went into the jail via "jexec <jailid>" and found the uid gid and groups to all have the number 972. So to be thorough I deleted the old user and group and just remade them accordingly.
Then I stopped plex went to jails and added a mountpoint.
iocage fstab -l plex now returns
"14 /mnt/Balerion/Balerion/Media /mnt/Balerion/iocage/jails/plex/media nullfs rw 0 0"

so far so good. I expected this to run as it used to. but in plex itself I weirdly only see the contents of the TEMP folder (its just a temporary folder for encodings, downloads and what not) in Media not the contents of either Audio or Video which are the only wants I actually want.

any quick idea what I've done wrong?

edit: I just saw that both Audio and Video are Datasets and TEMP is just a fold I created on a Client. I just created a new folder named test, copied some movies into it and they get picked up like a charm. Any quick fix to it?
In the end I'll probably still migrate to these folders anyway but I'd like to know why it didn't work so I can prevent stuff like this in the Future.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
after another hardware failure I got bought 2 SSDs to run in Mirror Mode so I won't have to do this all the time again.
I'm back on square one. or something similar atleast...

let me start from scratch (what I did anyways).
I went ahead created the pool made it my standard for jails. installed the plexpass plugin and saw to it that everything was running.
Then I went into the jail via "jexec <jailid>" and found the uid gid and groups to all have the number 972. So to be thorough I deleted the old user and group and just remade them accordingly.
Then I stopped plex went to jails and added a mountpoint.
iocage fstab -l plex now returns
"14 /mnt/Balerion/Balerion/Media /mnt/Balerion/iocage/jails/plex/media nullfs rw 0 0"

so far so good. I expected this to run as it used to. but in plex itself I weirdly only see the contents of the TEMP folder (its just a temporary folder for encodings, downloads and what not) in Media not the contents of either Audio or Video which are the only wants I actually want.

any quick idea what I've done wrong?

edit: I just saw that both Audio and Video are Datasets and TEMP is just a fold I created on a Client. I just created a new folder named test, copied some movies into it and they get picked up like a charm. Any quick fix to it?
In the end I'll probably still migrate to these folders anyway but I'd like to know why it didn't work so I can prevent stuff like this in the Future.
Are you using iocage or warden? You have command for 2 different jail management system in this post.

ledieu

Dabbler
I guess I'm using iocage since the jail was automatically created under /mnt/<pool>/iocage/jails
where would I go and check?
which command would be for warden? "jexec"?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I guess I'm using iocage since the jail was automatically created under /mnt/<pool>/iocage/jails
where would I go and check?
which command would be for warden? "jexec"?
Ok so that jexec command you executed was incorrect and didn't do what you wanted. You need to use iocage exec or iocage console to execute command in a jail.

ledieu

Dabbler
do I? I used jexec <jailid> to enter the jail from the gui shell
thought that was the way to do it without ssh

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
hmm actually looks like jls and jexec work also. Just not that iocage has the same commands and those are probably what most people will use now iwth iocage.

ledieu

Dabbler
well its no problem. it worked for me and the issue was a simple permissions one.
well simple is relative... wasnt abled to solve it other than setting up a whole new structure. I guess it has to do with the fact, that my older structure was magrated from 9.3 to 10 to 11 and something got botched along the way.
Just redoing everything gave me a chance to test my backups, get a feeling for how much work it is and resolve some other permissions issues that have been bugging me for ages now.
I guess there must be a simple reason/stupid error I made but now I'm just happy I got it working the way I want it to.