Plex Plugin and Automatic Update of Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Fettouhi

Contributor
I recently set up a FreeNAS server with FreeNAS 9.10-U4 and I have the Plex plugin installed and running in a jail. In Plex there is an option for Plex to scan your library when something is changed, e.g. files are added or removed. I have checked that box and noticed that it doesn't work. I have looked around to find out why it doesn't work. The closest I've come to an explanation is that Plex looks for triggers in the operation system for find out if something has changed. These triggers are not present in FreeNAS. This explanation is from a 2 or 3 years old post on this forum. Is there a way today go get this working on FreeNAS with the Plex plugin?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
The triggers are still not there.

What I have done is set sonarr and couch potato to notify Plex and initiate a scan after a successful download, as well as a nightly scan job.

André Fettouhi

Contributor
Is there a way to set up a scan when directories are changed, e.g. replicating the missing triggers with FreeNAS? I usually copy stuff from my Arch Linux box over to the FreeNAS server.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You could look at how to send a notification to Plex that sonarr, sick beard, sickrage, and couch potato all use. It's probably just a Python script. Just run your own script that moves the files, and then calls the Plex server to rescan.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
How to set them up?

You mean aside from installing them and going through the settings and setting them to YOUR configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.