Plex Permissions

sertian

Cadet
For some idiotic reason, I decided to play around with the permissions to my Dataset containing the plex media. Immediately, I lost access to my movies, shows, etc. Now, I still cannot access the drive mount to associate the one inside the root of plex jail to the storage accessible in Freenas. I have tried to delete the jail, delete the iocage and rebuild. But alas I do not know freenas nor plex well enough. I hope I am making somewhat sense since I am new, then I don't know the keywords to search Google. Can someone help? Thanks

sertian

Cadet
This is where I get stuck. I have formatted my drives and tried to start over. Could it be a bug and not me?

/Plex Media Server/FreeNas is the drive mount but as you can see it, is greyed out and doesn't allow me permission to this folder.
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 2.22.15 PM.png

nojohnny101

Wizard
I believe you have the same "problem" that many others have faced where they go to add their media to Plex and the folder is either not there or greyed out.

search for numerous threads that address this problem with something like "freeness no media folder" or something along those lines. try that.