Motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X10SLH-F-O
USB: SanDisk Cruzer 16GB
CPU: i3-4350
Ram: 2 Sticks of Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 M391B1G73QH0-YK0
HDD: 5-5TB Red Drives in Raidz2
System: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201511040813

Network:
Ubiquiti Edgerouter X

I currently watch plex on my Vizio with the Plex App. The TV has a Cat 6a cable that connects to the router and the same type of cable connects to my freenas box.

I have had issues where I will be in the middle of watching a movie or TV show and the tv will just freeze up and usually not recover. I had this happen yesterday on a 720p TV show but it has been happening over the last few weeks. I currently show I have 8.8 TiB free out of 15.6 TiB

Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot the issue? I was going to buy 2 more sticks of memory but figured I would ask for recommendations before shelling money for something I might not need.

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This sounds like a Plex problem and not a FreeNAS problem. You'll likely have better results asking for help on the Plex forum.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I would look at your ram and cpu usage during playback. Also try the web client (plex.tv) to rule out an issue with the Vizio app.

radian23

Dabbler
I would look at your ram and cpu usage during playback. Also try the web client (plex.tv) to rule out an issue with the Vizio app.

Neither of them went over 100% of during the last glitch. Seems to be an issue with the Vizio Plex app and not the freenas. Might get a Roku 4.

radian23

Dabbler
I need to access my plex server logs. I believe they are at the following:

${JAIL_ROOT}/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Logs/

I logged in as root via FTP on Freenas and can't seem to figure out how to get to ${JAIL_ROOT}. I tried to FTP in on the IP address of the jail but it wouldn't even let me loggin. Any advise?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Set up SSH and SFTP in at your IP address. It will be listed under /mnt/yourpoolname/jails

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Code:
ssh root@ip.of.free.nas

Code:
jls

Code:
jexec <idofplexjail> tcsh

Code:
cd /var/db/plexdata/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs

grep until your heart is content

Status