PLEX ( no soup for you) connection refused

hckyan97

Cadet
this is the message i get.
The server you're trying to access doesn't want to let you in. Make sure you're signed in as a user with access to this server
i can however access the web gui of plex through the freenas jail /plugin when i click management which brings me to this page. i can play around in my plex account but i do not see anywhere that i can claim this freenas plex server. i had an old windows plex server which i unclaim. when i do restart the windows server and connect through its ip it asks me to claim this server. my question is why dont plex see my freenas plex jail server. i can ping it no problem service is running on plugin and jail. and they are up to date via cli also

Attachments

• plex.PNG
    plex.PNG
    481.7 KB · Views: 1,368

G8One2

Patron
You have to log into your Plex account when you launch the inital setup from the management page. This is how it associates the server with you account.

hckyan97

Cadet
I do log in my account ( and i am logged in) this account is not a plex pass and my old server was on windows which i deleted from authorised devices. When i click management it goes to the correct Ip address (freenas plex) it is logged into the correct account i even logged out then back in restarted freenas etc.. do we have firewall rules on the freenas gui?

G8One2

Patron
Try going into the management page, and in settings. In between Plex Web and Status will be your servers with a drop down menu. Delete the old server and restart the jail.

hckyan97

Cadet
i click management on the plex plugin brings me to the right ip. then i get the no soup for you
then i click upper right for settings and no where can i find where to claim /add my server.. i can ping it and i can access the plex web gui so i don not understand why it wont find it. i even created a brand new plex account with no previous server installed on it and it still does this. is there a firewall rule i need to change on freenas. or a route?

Attachments

• freenasplex1.PNG
    freenasplex1.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,376
  • plex2-click.PNG
    plex2-click.PNG
    972.5 KB · Views: 1,289
  • thenwhat.PNG
    thenwhat.PNG
    994.7 KB · Views: 1,497

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Can you get to the settings page? If so go to settings/network and add your nameserver IP and netmask to the "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" box and save.

plex.jpg

G8One2

Patron
Try port forwarding 32400 to your jail IP (Through your Router)

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Try port forwarding 32400 to your jail IP (Through your Router)
That will have zero to do with connecting to the server on your internal network. Plex communicates on multiple ports when phoning home and you don't need a port forward for an outgoing connection.

executifs

Cadet
I'm facing the exact same issue and have been unable to solve it so far.
The settings page does not contain any "network" tab, as shown in hckyan97's thenwhat.PNG screenshot.
I've been following the instructions of this official video to the letter.

executifs

Cadet
I have found a solution for this issue. By default, Plex only allows connections from machines that are on the same subnet. If this is not the case, you need to SSH into the host somehow and add a parameter such as
Code:
allowedNetworks="192.168.0.0/24,..."
Then you will be able to continue your server setup as intended.