Plex Media Server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ Dowling

Cadet
Just installed 9.1.1 and have my photos on it and shares are established. Everything is working great. I installed the plug in for the Plex Media Server, but I can't start the service. I get the 'some error occurred' I used the YouTube video as a guide: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WF0r36cxO0

Two question: What am I doing wrong, and what is the easiest way to get remove all the Plex code/shares/datasets/etc and start over again. Thanks in advanced. TJ

Krutet

Dabbler
I got the same error and it disappeared when I rebooted the server. Have you tried that?

TJ Dowling

Cadet
I had an ip conflict. When the Plex created the ip address for the web interface, it took an ip address that was already assigned on the network. The issue I am having now is that I put the pictures in the media folder and fired up the PS/3, its finds the Plex and the folder, but it won't display the photos.

krisjrodz

Dabbler
Hello TJ Dowling,

I am very new to Freenas and I have the same problem that you are having. I was wondering if you ever got it resolved and if so what worked for you?

TJ Dowling

Cadet
My issue was an ip conflict. The problem that I am having now is the machine won't come back up and it says I have reached the max files allowed. Will have to review. Glad I have the data on another server

krisjrodz

Dabbler
Hello TJ,

Thank for you response. I'm sorry my was question wasn't specific, what I was enquiring about is the issue with your pictures not being displayed. Were you able to resolve this? Or was this also being caused by he IP address conflict?

Cheers

eccevery

Dabbler
Hi,

Thought I use this thread instead of creating a new one, since I have this exact problem. I've spent two days trying to find any info about what is wrong, but I can't get a single clue. Here's the problem:

- I've installed the Plex server plugin. It worked fine for a while. Now it won't start, saying "Some error occurred" in the web gui.
- There is no info on why i can not start in /var/log/messages. Tailing the file after trying to start gives no new info there at all.
- I can't find any trace of the plex jail in the system at all. I'm a noob on freenas, som maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
- I've spent a while looking for a log file for plex. According to https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files it should be in /usr/pbi. That folder however is empty except for a pbiwrapper hidden folder.
- I'm sure it's not an IP conflict. I've shut down everything else, so the network only have the freenas server, my client and the gateway running. IPv6 is off also (freenas having default settings), just to be sure. Static IPv4 on everything, using 1.1/24 on gateway, 1.2/24 on plex server (that doesn't start) 1.5/24 for managing freenas and 1.6/24 on my mac client.
- Since I couldn't find any clue to what's going on I tried to uninstall plex. I then got the error message below.

So, I need a bit of help here...

Screen_Shot_2014_10_25_at_09_54_56.png

EDIT: I setup a syslog server, but got pretty much the same info:
Screen_Shot_2014_10_25_at_14_33_50.png

Last edited:

eccevery

Dabbler
Well, I sort of solved it. Hope this helps someone else:

- Jails are installed in the jail root path, that seems to default to the first volume available. In my case: /mnt/moose/jails. However, that folder was mysteriously empty.
- Not being able to uninstall the plex media server, since it does not exist anymore, I installed another jail plugin, just to see what happened. It showed up in /mnt/moose/jails and worked fine.
- Next I tried installing plex media server again, without first uninstalling it, and that actually worked without errors. The installation started at step 3/4. The "new" server got the same name as the old one (both ending with the number 1)

All the plex settings are gone. Annoying, but not a disaster. Would be nice to know what happened though...

Status
Not open for further replies.