Plex Media Server and Own Cloud FreeNas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I have no clue what that is
I'm trying really hard here not to point you to Google, but you're making it difficult.

You know you can just go look at the specs of your motherboard and see that it does indeed have IPMI, then you can go look at what IPMI is and how it works on your board.....

You have IPMI.

It's the first NIC of the 3 NICs on your board.

Plug it in.

It gets an IP address from your router.

You visit the page in a web browser.

You now have console access to your server without using a monitor and keyboard....

MontyD

Explorer
I'm trying really hard here not to point you to Google, but you're making it difficult.

You know you can just go look at the specs of your motherboard and see that it does indeed have IPMI, then you can go look at what IPMI is and how it works on your board.....

You have IPMI.

It's the first NIC of the 3 NICs on your board.

Plug it in.

It gets an IP address from your router.

You visit the page in a web browser.

You now have console access to your server without using a monitor and keyboard....
Oh ok but how do i set up the ip adress

danb35

Hall of Famer
how do i set up the ip adress
Which IP address? The one for IPMI? Just plug it into your router, and it will pick one up. To find out what that is, check your router's DHCP status page, or use a port scanner of some flavor (Fing is free and works well on my iPhone) to find the IP address. Once you log in to the IPMI web interface, you should be able to configure a static IP address if desired.

If you're asking about how to configure the IP for FreeNAS, the manual should answer that question.

MontyD

Explorer
so i decided to scrap the freenas box and start over i have copies of everything. After installing the iso on my usb again i keep getting "this is a nas data disk and can not boot system. System halted" so i have a 130gb hard drive in my nas tried using that instead of the usb and i get the same error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Why would you do that?

All you needed to do was fix your IP address from the console.

adrianwi

Guru
Seems a little extreme, but should at least allow you to follow the manual and gain some further understanding of how things are configured.

Would be a good idea to learn how to access FreeNAS through your IPMI interface too, as whilst you should need it very often, when your system is full of data trashing it and starting again might not be a good option for something as simple as reseting the IP address ;)

MontyD

Explorer
After installing the iso on my usb again i keep getting "this is a nas data disk and can not boot system. System halted" so i have a 130gb hard drive in my nas tried using that instead of the usb and i get the same error when i put the usb in my mac it is read so the usb works but idk whats going on

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
After installing the iso on my usb again i keep getting "this is a nas data disk and can not boot system. System halted" so i have a 130gb hard drive in my nas tried using that instead of the usb and i get the same error when i put the usb in my mac it is read so the usb works but idk whats going on
It has a partition on it from FreeNAS. You need to wipe it. Use the Mac disk utility....

Status
Not open for further replies.