Plex Media Server and Own Cloud FreeNas

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh btw quick question i am able to see my freenas in my network in "finder" but sometimes it just disappears. any solutions to this?
That happens to me too. If needed, in the Finder, I use the Go -> Connect to Server ... menu. If you have AFP shares, the server address is "afp://IP-of-your-server/share-name" (without the quotes). After typing in that address, but before clicking "Connect", click the "+", which adds the server address to the list of Favorite Servers, so you can just click on it in the list next time.

If you are using CIFS, the server address is "smb://IP-of-your-server/share-name".

MontyD

Explorer
That happens to me too. If needed, in the Finder, I use the Go -> Connect to Server ... menu. If you have AFP shares, the server address is "afp://IP-of-your-server/share-name" (without the quotes). After typing in that address, but before clicking "Connect", click the "+", which adds the server address to the list of Favorite Servers, so you can just click on it in the list next time.

If you are using CIFS, the server address is "smb://IP-of-your-server/share-name".
i tried doing this i get the following "Check the server name or IP address, and then try again. If you continue to have problems, contact your system administrator."

i put smb://IP-of-your-server/myvolume

Also sometimes even though my freenas shows up i am unable to connect to it all together

adrianwi

Guru
Do you have a IPv6 interface configured for AFP? Even if you don't use it, this made my AFP connections rock solid and both my FreeNAS boxes are always visible in Finder. There's a thread about it somewhere on here.

MontyD

Explorer
Do you have a IPv6 interface configured for AFP? Even if you don't use it, this made my AFP connections rock solid and both my FreeNAS boxes are always visible in Finder. There's a thread about it somewhere on here.
How would you configure ipv6?

adrianwi

Guru
Network > Interfaces and make sure Auto Configure IPv6 is checked on your interface

MontyD

Explorer
Network > Interfaces and make sure Auto Configure IPv6 is checked on your interface
There are no interfaces currently running i hit add interface and auto configure ipv6 should that do it or do i have to put addresses and things?

adrianwi

Guru
Mine looks like this:

download

ps: yes, I know, I have some disk errors (on another one of my Seagate drives. Will get around to RMA when the number increases)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
There are no interfaces currently running i hit add interface and auto configure ipv6 should that do it or do i have to put addresses and things?
You should be using static IP address for your server anyway....

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek

danb35

Hall of Famer
Do you know how to troubleshoot things?
Hint: "it didn't work" is rarely a useful problem report. All that tells us is that (1) you expected it to do something, (2) it did something, and (3) the something it did and the something you expected weren't the same. The more detail you can give (probably in a new thread, as this doesn't seem to have anything to do with either PMS or owncloud) about your configuration, what you did, what you expected, and what happened, the more likely someone can help you.

I can say that FreeNAS 9.10 works fine for me as a Time Machine destination for two different machines, using quotas for their two datasets, and I didn't have to do anything special on either of the client machines to make it work.

MontyD

Explorer
I see i used the setup wizard and when i hit confirm there were no new datasets or shares created.

and for somereason i cant connect to my freenas's ip address no more i did a "arp -a" and beside my freenas's ip it says "at incomplete on en0 ifscope [ethernet]"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Setup wizard for what?

What dataset or share were you expecting it to make?

Why not just manually create the Apple share for time machine? It isn't hard at all....

MontyD

Explorer
Setup wizard for what?

What dataset or share were you expecting it to make?

Why not just manually create the Apple share for time machine? It isn't hard at all....
I followed the instructions in the manual on how to setup a time machine

Yesturday i tried setting up a ipv6 went to network>interfaces>addinterface and clicked auto configure ipv6 and now im not able to get to the web gui at all

I tried doing a ping to my freenas's ip address and im not receiving any packets

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I followed the instructions in the manual on how to setup a time machine

Yesturday i tried setting up a ipv6 went to network>interfaces>addinterface and clicked auto configure ipv6 and now im not able to get to the web gui at all

I tried doing a ping to my freenas's ip address and im not receiving any packets
You added an interface, didn't put in an IP v4 address and expect IP v6 to work when you don't have an IP v6 network?

What did you think was going to happen?

Go to the console. Fix your IP address. You have no IP address on it right now.

MontyD

Explorer
You added an interface, didn't put in an IP v4 address and expect IP v6 to work when you don't have an IP v6 network?

What did you think was going to happen?

Go to the console. Fix your IP address. You have no IP address on it right now.
how do i do that? if possible could you guide me to a thread if there is one

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
how do i do that? if possible could you guide me to a thread if there is one
Your motherboard has IPMI, correct?

Connect to your IPMI IP address in a browser and use the console.

I have to ask, did you seriously just blindly follow and not learn how your system is configured?

Status
Not open for further replies.