Plex Media Server 0.9.12.11.1406-amd64 does not turned ON on Freenas 9.3 Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladowali

Explorer
Hi Group,

Here is my Freenas Specification:

Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509022158
Platform: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (Motherboard : Gigabyte)
Memory: 32706MB Non - ECC
Hard Drives: 2 x 4TB WD RED

My freenas installation is clean and I can access my data on freenas from another system fine.

I wanted to use Plex as a media server so I can access my video from the freenas server to my other devices in my home.

I installed Plexmediaserver plugin 0.9.12.11.1406-amd64 from the available plugin list by clicking Install button on the screen. It even gives message that plugin installed successfully. But when I try to go and Turn the installed plugin to ON, it gives error : Some error occurred.

Please see attached picture for more detail and advice how I can fix this.

Thanks and Regards,

Attachments

• Plexmediaserver_Plugin_Error.jpg
    Plexmediaserver_Plugin_Error.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 358

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Go to the jails tab and open up a shell for your Plex jail. Then run 'service plexmediaserver onestart', what is the output?

Also what log messages are in/var/log/messages? And did you configure networking correctly on your box.

Ladowali

Explorer
Go to the jails tab and open up a shell for your Plex jail. Then run 'service plexmediaserver onestart', what is the output?

Also what log messages are in/var/log/messages? And did you configure networking correctly on your box.

Hi SweetAndLow,

Thanks for replying.

1) Hers is what I get when run the 'service plexmediaserver onestart' :
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # service plexmeadiserver onestart plexmeadiserver does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d) root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #

2) I do not know how to check the log.

3) Regarding I did not configure networking. Everything is default but I can see all the files and play video contents from another window system by using UNC path for freenas.

Regards

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi SweetAndLow,

Thanks for replying.

1) Hers is what I get when run the 'service plexmediaserver onestart' :
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # service plexmeadiserver onestart plexmeadiserver does not exist in /etc/rc.d or the local startup directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d) root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #

2) I do not know how to check the log.

3) Regarding I did not configure networking. Everything is default but I can see all the files and play video contents from another window system by using UNC path for freenas.

Regards
you didn't run the command he specified exactly

Ladowali

Explorer
you didn't run the command he specified exactly

Hi Joshua,

Please see attached. I just simply run 'service plexmediaserver onestart' on the command line.

I am actually a newbie and learning freenas. Can you please help me solving the issue.

Thanks
Regards

Attachments

• Service_Plexmediaserver_Onestart.jpg
    Service_Plexmediaserver_Onestart.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 320

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

Please see attached. I just simply run 'service plexmediaserver onestart' on the command line.

I am actually a newbie and learning freenas. Can you please help me solving the issue.

Thanks
Regards
like I said, you aren't running the command correctly. read what you typed carefully.

Ladowali

Explorer
like I said, you aren't running the command correctly. read what you typed carefully.

I am really sorry to both of you.

Here is what I get when I run the command correctly:

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # service plexmediaserver onestart Starting plexmediaserver. root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #

Regards

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I am really sorry to both of you.

Here is what I get when I run the command correctly:

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # service plexmediaserver onestart Starting plexmediaserver. root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #

Regards
no prob. plex is working fine, the GUI just isn't connecting properly. can you ping your computer from the plex jail?

Ladowali

Explorer
no prob. plex is working fine, the GUI just isn't connecting properly. can you ping your computer from the plex jail?
Hi Joshua,

When I do the ping from the plex jail, it gives below message:

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ping 192.168.2.58 PING 192.168.2.58 (192.168.2.58): 56 data bytes ping: sendto: No route to host ping: sendto: No route to host ping: sendto: No route to host

Regards

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

When I do the ping from the plex jail, it gives below message:

root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ping 192.168.2.58 PING 192.168.2.58 (192.168.2.58): 56 data bytes ping: sendto: No route to host ping: sendto: No route to host ping: sendto: No route to host

Regards
i believe this means your jail doesn't have a valid IP address, or possibly a gateway to get to your computer.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the jails > configuration tab to set the assigned IPs for future jails, the Jails tab for current jails (then restart the jail), the networking tab for gateway stuff

Ladowali

Explorer
the jails > configuration tab to set the assigned IPs for future jails, the Jails tab for current jails (then restart the jail), the networking tab for gateway stuff

Hi Joshua,

Ok, it looks like my IP series was wrong. It was showing 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254. Where as it should have been 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.254

I fixed this and it started showing on the left side in the tree under Plugins. I can also turn this ON in the installed plugins now. I hope this will work now.

Do I still need to fill the gateway stuff? because it is showing empty for me.

Thanks and Regards

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hi Joshua,

Ok, it looks like my IP series was wrong. It was showing 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254. Where as it should have been 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.254

I fixed this and it started showing on the left side in the tree under Plugins. I can also turn this ON in the installed plugins now. I hope this will work now.

Do I still need to fill the gateway stuff? because it is showing empty for me.

Thanks and Regards
not sure, sounds like you don't need to.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Please make sure you don't have multiple plex process running at one time. You should turn off the plugin and also turn off the jail. Then start the jail and then the plugin. This will make sure you only have one instance of plex running.

Ladowali

Explorer
Please make sure you don't have multiple plex process running at one time. You should turn off the plugin and also turn off the jail. Then start the jail and then the plugin. This will make sure you only have one instance of plex running.

Thanks SweetAndLo..

Status
Not open for further replies.