Cannot get plex running on FreeNAS 9.3 Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

prickly

Cadet
I cannot get plex to start under installed plugins.

HP MicroServer - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011 - AMD Turion(tm) II Neo N40L Dual-Core Processor - 5990MB.

I have no other plugins running. When I try to start Plex 0.9.15.6.1714 I get a message on screen that says an error has occurred.

When I try to start Plex in the plugin jail console I get the following:

Code:
service plexmediaserver onestart
plexmediaserver already running? (pid=68994).

/var/log/messages

Code:
# more /var/log/messages
Mar 3 17:44:19 plexmediaserver_1 newsyslog[59974]: logfile first created
Mar 3 17:44:19 plexmediaserver_1 syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kern
el

I have changed the plex IP in configuration to an un-used one on my network (192.168.1.100) and set this as a static IP on my router using the MAC address provided for plex.

I cannot access Plex configuration on my LAN http://192.168.1.100:32400/web/index.

Any further guidance would be appreciated.

After thought - I have an onboard NIC and an Intel Pro NIC installed. There is no LAN cable connected to the onboard NIC - is it possible that the plugin is trying to use the onboard NIC? If so can I configure it to use the Intel NIC? Or should I just delete the onboard NIC from my configuration?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you can configure the jail to use a specific nic by assigning the NICs, then editing the jail properties on the jails tab. disable vimage first.
this doesn't seem like an issue with plex, but with your jail's networking. from your jail can you ping your computer your accessing freenas from?

prickly

Cadet
I figured out an issue with my configuration to get networking going in my jail - in my jail configuration I manually set the starting IP for jails (IPv4 Network Start Address) to 192.168.1.100. I can now ping my default gateway from the jail - and access the plex Web GUI! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no prob, glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.