Plex Media Scanner Segfaulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdwosk97

Patron
Starting a few days ago, I've been getting a daily email from my server of Plex Media Scanner segfaulting. Nothing has changed other than that I added a few new videos and tried to match them, but the auto and manual matching isn't working anymore for me.

I'm running FreeNAS 9.3 and PMS 1.3.4.3285.

I assume deleting and reinstalling the plugin would solve the problem, but I wanted to know what the problem is -- what likely caused it, and if there is another (less extreme, not that reinstalling a plugin is extreme) solution.

m0nkey_

MVP
The latest version of Plex fixes this issue (it did for me at least) which is 1.4.x. I don't think the plugin has been upgraded. You can create a standard jail and install Plex from the FreeBSD repository.

djdwosk97

Patron
The latest version of Plex fixes this issue (it did for me at least) which is 1.4.x. I don't think the plugin has been upgraded. You can create a standard jail and install Plex from the FreeBSD repository.
That's why I didn't just reinstall the plugin a few days ago when I first had an issue with matching as I was waiting for the 1.4 to be pushed into the repo, but it still isn't there yet.

djdwosk97

Patron
I updated to 1.4.x and I'm still having a matching issue and now it won't even play anything. All my content loads, but when I try to play a video it just loads forever. And when I tried to restart the server I got an error:
Code:
Apr  3 13:05:08 freenas shutdown: reboot by root:
Apr  3 13:05:10 freenas notifier: Shutdown NOW!
Apr  3 13:05:10 freenas notifier:
Apr  3 13:05:10 freenas notifier: System shutdown time has arrived^G^G
Apr  3 13:05:22 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:621] An error occurred while unserializing from http://192.168.20.15/plugins/plexmediaserver/1/_s/treemenu: No JSON object could be decoded

Any ideas to try or should I just delete the plugin and reinstall it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.