Plex Libraries stop updating

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Hello, I have Plex running in a jail on 11.1-U5, and it's been working great. I have three libraries, and the first two I created update and add media without issue.

Unfortunately the third library stops at 20 titles no matter what I do, I have destroyed and recreated it many times and it always stops at 20 titles, despite the other libraries having hundreds. It was suggested that it may have something to do with tweaks FreeNAS has made, particular around kwatcher and Plex. Hoping someone here can tell me how to get this fixed as it's very frustrating not being able to add new media in. Thanks.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Can you be a little more specific and give more details about your setup?

Are your jails warden or iocage? Did you manually create the jails or are you using plugins? How is your media stored?

And what does "third library stops at 20 titles". Meaning you can't physically copy files to that directory? Does this meaning you can copy files but plex just doesn't seem them in this particular library?

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Can you be a little more specific and give more details about your setup?

Are your jails warden or iocage? Did you manually create the jails or are you using plugins? How is your media stored?

And what does "third library stops at 20 titles". Meaning you can't physically copy files to that directory? Does this meaning you can copy files but plex just doesn't seem them in this particular library?

Sure sorry, it's warden, and it's using the plugin, installed by FreeNAS. Media is stored on the NAS in a single zpool, with the plex jail having a mount point to it which as worked faithfully so far.

Adding things physically is not a problem, drives and NAS seem to be working fine. Plex just doesn't seem to care that they are there. If I delete the library and make a new one and throw those titles in there it sees them all before it does Metadata, and then trims it down to just 20 items/shows. It only seems to affect this library and new ones I create, not the first two I created which have been running for quite some time.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Sounds like a way you have the media structured. Sounds more of a problems with plex reading your library and not a freenas problem.

I would read through this support article and other related to see if you have your media structure per plex standards:

Plex Media Preparation

Grimm Spector

Explorer
Sounds like a way you have the media structured. Sounds more of a problems with plex reading your library and not a freenas problem.

I would read through this support article and other related to see if you have your media structure per plex standards:

Plex Media Preparation

I am sufficiently aware of how to structure the media and the library files themselves as I already have two quite well functioning libraries with around a thousand titles between them. So that clearly isn't the case. The structure and data is no different here. Everything fits the standards.

Furthermore, if I remove some titles some of the missing ones take up those 20 "slots' so to speak in that particular library. It was suggested on another forum that it may have something to do with FreeNAS customizations and kwatcher.

nojohnny101

Wizard
Oh ok, you did not state that in your original post, that is what came to mind first.

I'm not familiar with kwatcher. Was this particularly library every working before and if yes, then can you think of what changed around the time that it stopped working?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I am sufficiently aware of how to structure the media and the library files themselves as I already have two quite well functioning libraries with around a thousand titles between them. So that clearly isn't the case. The structure and data is no different here. Everything fits the standards.

Furthermore, if I remove some titles some of the missing ones take up those 20 "slots' so to speak in that particular library. It was suggested on another forum that it may have something to do with FreeNAS customizations and kwatcher.
Freenas makes zero customizations to Plex. No clue where r that idea came from.

Check the Plex logs when you add the media, why does it stop?