Plex jail on SSD does not improve PS3 DLNA performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
All my gear is too old or I would be doing the same. Unfortunately I have to dumb things down enough for the warden so the harmony is my only option.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
All my gear is too old or I would be doing the same. Unfortunately I have to dumb things down enough for the warden so the harmony is my only option.
When my harmony remote finally bit the dust, I showed my wife and kid how to use their phones to run plex and now we don't have to worry about it.

With RasPlex, it shows up as a 'cast target' in the plex app on Android/iOS. pretty sweet deal. I did set up all my CEC stuff and the TV remote functions like my old harmony did, but my wife is accustomed to using her phone now. haha.

joeschmuck

Old Man
You know, I'm glad I read this thread because I have a RPI just sitting around here collecting dust and my father (recently moved in with me) likes my Roku 3 way too much and he only watches movies I have via Plex on the Roku 3. I'd like to get my Roku 3 back into my bedroom and give him the RPI. Eh, after thinking about it I think he would just buy a Roku 2.

And as an alternative to the RPI, if you want an all inclusive unit and I do believe a smart phone can control it if you don't like the included simple remote, the Roku 2 or 3 is a very nice option and I have no problems using it to watch Plex, Netflix, etc... It's a dedicated device. There is a new Roku 4 coming out which I understand supports 4K TVs but I have not seen it myself yet. Oh, there is a Roku Stick as well, similar to Chromcast but comes with a real remote control.

Fuganater

Patron
RPI 3 ordered :D Should be a fun little project. Maybe I should do a tutorial...

Fuganater

Patron
Well just the whole deal. What to buy, how to build it, how to set it up. I enjoy making "1 stop shop" articles as I have made several on my website about PC modding/designing. A friend suggested I start a Youtube channel but IDK about all that.

Caladin9

Dabbler
Well just the whole deal. What to buy, how to build it, how to set it up. I enjoy making "1 stop shop" articles as I have made several on my website about PC modding/designing. A friend suggested I start a Youtube channel but IDK about all that.

Would love to see those articles. I enjoy moding

Status
Not open for further replies.