Plex Config File

csearle

Contributor
I have posted this before, and have come up with negative results. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so let me be as clear as I can..

When looking at my library with all the movies and or tv shows on Plex each thumbnail that represent that show or Movie has an orange triangle on the top right hand corner this orange triangle notifies us if the Movie or show has been viewed, when that triangle is absent it tells us we have viewed it at some time, Im Looking for a file of some sort that I can export, copy or what have you, to a new set up of Plex that Im trying to iron out. So when I go back to my library I won't have to go threw all my thumbnails and marked watched..

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.38.45 PM.png

Can someone Please tell me where to find a thread on this or help me out

Skro

Contributor
I don't know which file holds that specific information, but the data directory for Plex on Freebsd is in:

/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/

I've copied this to new Plex servers and it has moved all my info, settings, etc.

csearle

Contributor

Redcoat

MVP

Andy C

Explorer
No it’s not, Plex have their own functional forum. https://forums.plex.tv/

Does the official Plex forum cover installing and configuring Plex on FreeNas ? Of course, many issues reported here are generic, newbie Plex issues and could be resolved by reading the fine Plex manuals or forums.

However, with the introduction of running Plex on an 11.2 docker host and given the popularity of Plex on FN and the frequency of (common) Plex issues on the FreeNAS platform, I think a Plex sub-forum would be valuable (if only to save people time who don't know or care about Plex).

What does it 'cost' to create it ? Not much I suspect.

garm

Wizard
You are free to raise what ever question you would like I presume, but the quality of the answer might depend on the interest of the community.. the endless Plex questions are an enigma to me. Why here?

If you need help setting up Jails or Unix access rights, sure. But why the other questions? Wouldn’t it be much higher likelihood of a swift and accurate answer on the Plex forum or support site? Especially as lots of the Plex OPs then complain they don’t get any answers..

Disclaimer: I have the same discussions on other forums where FreeNAS or ZFS related questions/complaints/tutorials pop up, why not go directly here? The quality of answers regarding FreeNAS is vastly superior here then on a general computer forum..