Plex cannot find media server and other related issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nisaacs

Cadet
I am running the latest version of freenas which I believe is 9.2.1.5. I followed the YouTube tutorial on how to setup Plex. Everything went exactly how video showed.

The problem I'm having is that when I get to the part where you access plex from my explorer, it will connect some times, other times it won't. When it does connect to the web interface for plex, at first when I tried to add folders I could browse to find them, but it wouldn't find the subfolders I created.

For some reason it will only ever connect to the media server every 10 times I try to open it. I've tried a number of different things that I found in the forums to no success. Now what's weird is when it connects and lets me add folders it just gives me a blank bar to enter a path.

Also, now when my freenas is on, something is blocking the internet from running on my Mac and phone.

I'm a noob. Ive read forums but the problem is that I don't really know what to search and I don't really have the time to spend days searching. I really want to get the freenas to work rather than remoting to a windows operating system to manage my storage and media.

Reading some more, do I need to set my jail IP address as something different that my routers IP? To change settings on my router it is 192.168.2.1 and that is also what my jail is set to. Does it need to be 192.168.2.9 or something like that?

Please help.

nisaacs

Cadet
Would setting the my share to AFP vs cifs make a difference in plex seeing the server? I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities and what could be causing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.