Plex Backup in Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipfel

Dabbler
I would like to backup all my artwork, watch history etc in Plex as I will be upgrading to Freenas 9.3 soon. And TBH I care more about my watch history than anything else.

I have found all the threads that talk about where your files are but do not have that path in my jail.

/mnt/storage/jails/plexmediaserver_1/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/

However, I dont have the plexdata folder. I have a plexmediaserverUI folder? There is a 5kb .db file in there but doubt that is where my watch history is.

Under /mnt/storage/jails/plexmediaserver_1/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/

I have found files that look like they may potentially be important

Plex Media Server (10MB)

What is this file?

I hope to backup my watch history, upgrade freenas to the latest version today so I really appreciate any help.

Thank you!

zipfel

Dabbler
Ok, so i found my plexdata. It was in plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata

I had to chmod -R 777 to plexdata so that I could copy all the files to a local drive on my laptop and also quite large being about 17.1GB.

Hopefully all Ineed to do is copy the files back into this samelocation after I finish my upgrade and I wont loose my watch history.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I backup my data by ZFS snapshot. ;)

yes, in theory you could screw up and lose the zpool, etc. But I can pretty much guarantee you that if you lost your zpool you'd be much to pissed about the lost data than the little bit of metadata and watched shows. ;)

zipfel

Dabbler
I definitely don't want to delete my zpool. I am only going to delete the two jail datasets that have been created. Then I will upgrade FreeNas to 9.3 and re-create only 1 proper jail and re-install all my plugins. Then I will upload all the backed up meta data back to plex and should be good!

I will have to read more about the ZFS snapshot. I have about 10TB worth of data.. how much space would a snapshop take? And would I get all my data back in case of zpool corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.