Please update Resilio Sync plugin in repository for FreeNAS 9.10 to latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zensig

Dabbler
Resilio Sync is up to 2.5.9 now while the one in the repository is still at 2.4.4. Me want to click Update button.

Thank you very much!

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Zensig

Dabbler
Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.
It's not a bug/feature per se. There seems to be only one guy, Joshua Parker Ruehlig who updates the plugins repository (Resilio Sync, Plex, Backula & so on). I don't know if he has too much to do to update Resilio Sync with new version in repository (2.4.4 was released Dec 12, 2016 so almost a year ago, latest version is 2.5.9) or that 9.10 isn't supported anymore when it comes to plugins?

With the apparent disaster of v10 & v11 where the GUI is one of very few new things & where the GUI won't even be feature complete until 11.2 when 11.1 isn't even ready yet I see no need to upgrade. Especially seeing people having problems after upgrade if they have encrypted disks & where the comment is "encrypted disks?! you like living dangerously, hahahaha". I'm like if you DON'T encrypt your disks you're living dangerously. Think about the thief who stole your NAS browsing your financial documents & private pictures & what not! Also jails won't be updated/upgraded automatically either until some future FreeNAS version & no I don't want to remake jails & re-index 8TB of files again for Resilio Sync (I'm using it as a backup over the Internet).

So for the moment I'm happy with 9.10 if only Resilio Sync was updated in plugin repository to latest version so I can klick Update plugin button in FreeNAS. I've seen other people requesting the same thing. I have no idea how work intensive updating Resilio Sync in repository to latest version is. Either just drop new exe (or whatever it is in FreeBSD) in there or if it requires lots of work & testing? But pretty please can whoever has access to the plugin repository do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.