Please Help - ZFS status is UNKNOWN after failed update

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvhiteknight

Cadet
Hi, I tried to update my freenas system from 9.2.0 to 9.2.15 and the update failed for some reason. Now I am unable to see the CFS shares on the network and when I log onto the NAS i get the following errors

• WARNING: The volume Volume1 (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN

• WARNING: The volume Volume2 (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN
I have no idea how to fix this problem, can you guys please help me. I did safe the back of the config, I tried to upload the config but it did not solve the problem.
Any help is appreciated.

vvhiteknight

Cadet
Just ran zpool status and get the following

internal error: failed to initialize ZFS library
[root@NAS ~]# zpool status internal error: failed to initialize ZFS library

D

dlavigne

What method did you use to upgrade? Did you finish the upgrade after it failed?

D

dlavigne

You'll need to burn the stick again then, using either the old version or the new version.

vvhiteknight

Cadet
OK I will try that thanks and let you know how it goes. Once ive burned the new stick, do I just go to settings>upload config to restore my nas drive?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Your best bet is to grab a different USB flash drive and do a fresh install of 9.2.0 and then restore your configuration backup, assuming you created a configuration backup. That should get you back to where you started. I would not recommend 9.2.1.5 and recommend holding out for 9.2.1.6 due to bug issues. Now those bug issues may not affect you but I'm sure you could hold out another month.

If you did not save your configuration file then do an Auto-Import to recognize your pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.