Planning on Factory Restore - What will happen to encrypted pool/datasets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkryoushii

Explorer
Hey there,

I've recently set up my first FreeNAS server (Specs and OS version in signature) and love it! Unfortunately I also have the awful problem of plugins jail not working as it should. It seems to think there is already a jail number 1 even after deleting, and this is stopping my new jail from working. I plan to do a factory reset, as I have been told this will fix it as long as I be smart about how I set it up next time.

I'm curious though, with a factory reset, if I run Auto-Import Volume and follow the steps, will it automatically pickup and restore the datasets? If not, how would I go about doing that?

Additionally are the permissions reconfigured on factory reset back to root, or are they saved/restored too.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

ProtoSD

MVP
...will it automatically pickup and restore the datasets? If not, how would I go about doing that?

Yep, those are part of the pool

Additionally are the permissions reconfigured on factory reset back to root, or are they saved/restored too.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks

They're not saved, but they don't get changed. You'll need to reconfigure the GUI to set the default permissions for future files.

Status
Not open for further replies.