I set Freenas back to Factory Restore and disconnected my disks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws

Cadet
I set Freenas back to Factory Restore and disconnected my disks! I have two snapshots of the volumes, one of the volume and one of the volume/dataset but I can't find clear directions to set my Freenas back to the snapshots and what that would do. Can I use the snapshots to take my Freenas back to when my disks were connected? I did read a post about how to check for your volumes and I ran "%archive status" and it told me the following: pool: archive, (the name of my volume) state: ONLINE, scrub: none requested.

Then I got:

config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM

archive ONLINE 0 0 0
raidz1 ONLINE 0 0 0
Then my disks ada0p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
da5p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
da6p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
da7p2 ONLINE 0 0 0
da8p2 ONLINE 0 0 0

So from what I've read and the status above that my disk and it's data is there and okay. But how do I reconnect it? Should I put "raidz1" into the import volume option? Would that connect all the disks and mount my volume/ZFS pool?

I tried "import volume" but it listed 10 disks. I canceled that and tried "auto import volume" it lists nothing for the disk selection window.

Any Ideas? The volume uses five disks and I have one disk ready to add to the volume but haven't yet. It was working so well before I hit factory restore!

Thanks

mws

Cadet
Here is my Freenas 8.0.1 set up.
Dell Inspiron 530, Intel core 2 duo, 2.20GHz, 4MB ram. I am running Freenas 8.0.1 i386 on a 2GB flash drive. My volume is set for ZFS raidz2. I am new to command line but I'm getting better. New to PCs. I am currently trying to find or buy a 64bit computer so I can give my Freenas the 6 to 8 mb of ram that ZFS wants. Any suggestions about getting the 64bit computer for really cheap? Should I home build it?

Thanks.

MWS

mws

Cadet
Hey, never mind! I went back and in the shell I did "zpool import" again and this time it worked!!! From the gui I could see in storage<volumes that archive was there and healthy. I went to my other computer and logged on to my volume and I have resumed transferring my files!

Any comments on getting a cheap 64bit machine are still welcome though...

Status
Not open for further replies.