SOLVED phpVirtualBox not showing jail storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
I've got phpVirtualBox running in a jail without any problems.

However, it cannot find/see the mounted storage I have on the Jail (i.e. click browse, it shows the standard file tree for a jail, I double click the file icon 'mnt', where I have added the sotarge to the jail, but it doesn't expand to show the files/folders that should be there.)

I've checked that all the mount points for storage are good. The permissions all look OK -- I think -- (full R/W/E UNIX on all datasets, with root user/group ownership.

freenas# ls -l /mnt/FreeNAS
total 13
drwxrwxrwx 10 root wheel 10 May 29 15:33 Jails
drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 2 May 28 21:55 Media
drwxrwxrwx 2 root wheel 2 May 28 21:55 Storage
drwxrwx--- 3 apple apple 4 May 30 12:53 TimeMachine

Stragely though (I think...), it looks like it's saying there is nothing in 'Storage' (or 'media' or 'downloads' or any other parent directory I have). when there is several folders and countless files in each ( I can see/access through NSF share in real time) - it's like FreeNAS can't see anything below the folders directly within mnt/FreeNAS/, the mount point folders.... It's odd, right?

freenas# ls -l /mnt/FreeNAS/Storage
total 0
freenas# ls -l /mnt/FreeNAS/Storage/
total 0
freenas# cd /mnt/FreeNAS/Storage
freenas# ls
freenas# ls -l
total 0

^there's 4 folders inside that the 'storage' directory, and 100 gig of data within them.

I've tried removing the jail and starting from scratch. Just can't get phpVBox to be able to browse the FreeNAS storage, in order to use an OS .iso.

FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605240427 (64fcd8e)

Last edited:

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
Have you tried giving the vbox user ownership of the dataset you're mounting?
I did, yep. Unfortunately no dice.
In the end I did a clean install of FreeNAS - all working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.