Photoprism Failed to upgrade App: Migration to 2.x.x is only allowed from 1.1.3 or higher

Neopegasus

Dabbler
do you think the scale 23.10.2 update fixes teh photoprism update?
I don't know, I try it just now and the upgrade to 23.10.2 didn't go good.......

It's nothing to do here I guess I need to search why the update didn't work.....

crk1918

Dabbler
do you think the scale 23.10.2 update fixes teh photoprism update?
A couple of my applications are not even working always stuck in the deploying stage, and if I leave it at deploying, it will halt the whole system down, and nothing works (I can't even get into the web interface, needed to force reboot), the update might be my only option.

I probably should understand the Kubernetes a little bit better for doing this, there could be something wrong with the Kubernetes stack.

sfatula

Guru

sfatula

Guru
No. I had followed a bunch of bugs and waited until they were all fixed, they were, so I updated! Kubernetes wouldn't start due to my bridge, no idea why, probably a startup sequence they didn't account for. Anyway, found a thread and used the cli to resolve. Has to be done each boot so I put it in my startup script. Once that was done, everything worked. A few things here and there, some system script and some python code that was missing a library, but that's to be expected. Those are easily resolved.

crk1918

Dabbler
Just did the update to the 23.10.2 version with no problem, and all apps are working again after I rebooted and initial app service several times.

deployed still slow than before, but at least it is working.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
Just did the update to the 23.10.2 version with no problem, and all apps are working again after I rebooted and initial app service several times.

deployed still slow than before, but at least it is working.
Thanks for the info, I run in some problems, I will wait for some answers and see.

puppabriggy

Dabbler
just tried the 2.0.3 upgrade again, now on TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.2. still no luck. I posted a link to my log details below.

migration link.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
Hi everyone, sorry I had a busy week this week, I forgot to give a heads up, I fix my problem about 23.10.2.
After that I tried again to update photoprysm but no good. I find it super strange, that a couple of us have problems but not everyone, or are we the only ones using this app????????

Or are we push to upgrade and like in my case change user and chmod the folder to the new user?
With the chance of losing all photos?

I'm only guessing that a lot of people just did that and didn't worry.

I worry because picture this scenario:
I bought a truenas, one of those small Nas for small business or home use, and I installed it after a couple of months I update and get this problem, most people like that, regular costumers, are not going to do that, chmod there folder and stuff?

I still hope that is something we do ones because something strange happened and do not need to do it at every update.

Best regards.

sfatula

Guru
Interesting, just as a note, I chmod or chown'd nothing, just updated and all worked fine. Speaking not of Truecharts, just the standard IX app. Not denying any issue just to be clear, merely responding to the question of are you guys the only ones using the app.

Last edited:

Neopegasus

Dabbler
Interesting, just as a note, I chmod or chown'd nothing, just updated and all worked fine. Speaking not of Truecharts, just the standard IX app. Not denying any issue just to be clear, merely responding to the question of are you guys the only ones using the app.
Thanks Sfatula,

Is your photoprism save in the regular location, in the ixapp folder? Or on a separate folder on the pool (aka costum folder)?

sfatula

Guru
Not sure what you mean by ixapp folder.

20240304_14h30m09s_grim.png

Neopegasus

Dabbler
Not sure what you mean by ixapp folder.

View attachment 76260
Yes you have host folder, and ix-app location aka pvc like this:
1000058883.jpg

But it looks like mine.

1000058884.jpg

I still can't figure out what is the problem why some of us can't update to the latest update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304_220117_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240304_220117_Firefox.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 21

sfatula

Guru
It looks like you are using Truecharts correct? if so, that's not really ix, you have to contact Truecharts folks on their discord. I don't use Truecharts or PVC.

puppabriggy

Dabbler
I was able to figure out my issue, my permission on my originals folder were incorrect. The previous 1.1.3 version must review permissions in a different way. I changed my owner back to root and group to apps. Then made sure the group had the correct rwx permissions. problem solved. Thanks for the help and guidance.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
I was able to figure out my issue, my permission on my originals folder were incorrect. The previous 1.1.3 version must review permissions in a different way. I changed my owner back to root and group to apps. Then made sure the group had the correct rwx permissions. problem solved. Thanks for the help and guidance.
Hi Puppabriggy,
So you want on the terminal? Or just in the app you change your apps user?

Haibane

Dabbler
Same problem. after updating 2.0.3 unable to deploy. Took over 24 hours stuck on deploying I had enough and rolled back. I have around 6tb running on intel 4 core 3.2Ghz.
Likely a permission issue?

update:
What should the owner and group be set up? Because the default is not owner=root and group=apps; instead owner is netdata
I will try root, apps and permissions like
yyy
yyy
yny

Last edited:

crk1918

Dabbler
Same problem. after updating 2.0.3 unable to deploy. Took over 24 hours stuck on deploying I had enough and rolled back. I have around 6tb running on intel 4 core 3.2Ghz.
Likely a permission issue?

update:
What should the owner and group be set up? Because the default is not owner=root and group=apps; instead owner is netdata
I will try root, apps and permissions like
yyy
yyy
yny
By default, the application uses the 'apps' user and 'apps' group (ID with 568), Unless you edit the application set into your user ID, otherwise, you will need to grant permission to the mount point dataset for your users and 'apps' user.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
By default, the application uses the 'apps' user and 'apps' group (ID with 568), Unless you edit the application set into your user ID, otherwise, you will need to grant permission to the mount point dataset for your users and 'apps' user.
Ok but you guys do the folders permission trough the GUI or cli?

crk1918

Dabbler
Ok but you guys do the folders permission trough the GUI or cli?
I only edit the permission in the GUI, depending on how you set up the datasets the first time, there will be SMB/NFSv4 (link windows) and POSIX (like Linux) ACL type.