Photoprism Failed to upgrade App: Migration to 2.x.x is only allowed from 1.1.3 or higher

crk1918

Dabbler
ok I will try it out
1710101203871.png

Here is my SMB/NFSv4 example, I have datasets just from the photo, the owner can be your user, once you modify it, make sure to do "Apply permissions recursively".

Neopegasus

Dabbler
View attachment 76446

Here is my SMB/NFSv4 example, I have datasets just from the photo, the owner can be your user, once you modify it, make sure to do "Apply permissions recursively".
Thanks for your info, I dont use samba so i needed to do it tro the CLI, I did chmod the folder and chanch the user, it looks till now that is working i am just trying some things now

crk1918

Dabbler
Thanks for your info, I dont use samba so i needed to do it tro the CLI, I did chmod the folder and chanch the user, it looks till now that is working i am just trying some things now
POSIX can be edited too, I got different databases for Photoprism Storage then Photoprism Originals Storage mount:
1710101866229.png

If you want your read-only, may be set to Additional Environment Variables to True?
1710101969277.png

Neopegasus

Dabbler
mmmm, interesting,
POSIX can be edited too, I got different databases for Photoprism Storage then Photoprism Originals Storage mount:
View attachment 76447
If you want your read-only, may be set to Additional Environment Variables to True?
View attachment 76448
mmmm, interesting, I could not find that, for now what i try works perfectly, it was chmod 777 on the folders from photoprism and i give photo phrims a new user, it was complaining befoure that the old user don't exist ....

crk1918

Dabbler
mmmm, interesting,

mmmm, interesting, I could not find that, for now what i try works perfectly, it was chmod 777 on the folders from photoprism and i give photo phrims a new user, it was complaining befoure that the old user don't exist ....

Hmm, permission edit should be here :
1710102872525.png

crk1918

Dabbler
Hier is the thing; I don't install my app's in the ix-aplication folder so don't have that option.

look here:
View attachment 76451
The top parent datasets (pool) are usually set to root and the child datasets can modify it. Here is the old post about it by Daisuke is about permission and application permission settings, that might be beneficial to look at, some settings do not apply to this version anymore, such as hostPath.

puppabriggy

Dabbler
Hi Puppabriggy,
So you want on the terminal? Or just in the app you change your apps user?
not sure I would use my setup as the example, this was me making changes based on what made sense to me. I use the ACL permissions in the dataset gui. I had to strip permissions then reset in order to clean things up. I woudl be cautious about doing this as it can go horribly wrong.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
not sure I would use my setup as the example, this was me making changes based on what made sense to me. I use the ACL permissions in the dataset gui. I had to strip permissions then reset in order to clean things up. I woudl be cautious about doing this as it can go horribly wrong.
I onderstand, that'swhy I was saying in the first place, how come someone need to do this after a upgrade??, it's like you need to do the same after tou updated your telephone.., I am not doing that on my phone ore your car anything that gets a update.

That's where it's so strange, some didn't need to do it some needed, I dit chmod as I said yesterday it's working, I couldn't find it on the GUI so needed to do it in CLI.

I hope next update don't Kone with something else

puppabriggy

Dabbler
I agree it woudl have been nice if the upgrade handled this more eligantly. Since it's pretty clear the app changed how it handled file permissions this should have been built into the upgrade deployment. I am not complaining though as the app has great value, actually thinking of subscribing as my setup moves from a test bed to a actual use case.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
I agree it woudl have been nice if the upgrade handled this more eligantly. Since it's pretty clear the app changed how it handled file permissions this should have been built into the upgrade deployment. I am not complaining though as the app has great value, actually thinking of subscribing as my setup moves from a test bed to a actual use case.
Yes, I am also trying to help not to complain, if it sounds like that to anyone my apologies.
I did pay for the photoprysm, I found it a really good app and my moto is if I can help with some money I do.
It's worth to buy they have different options.

I hope really that's it keeps going fine the updates, and hope this treat help someone else!!

crk1918

Dabbler
Photoprism is just one of the apps I am running, so far so good. But I still have an issue with one other application that won't upgrade to the latest version. I think probably is not the application itself, is the way they deploy it and Kubernetes services. In the meantime, I will keep trying.

Haibane

Dabbler
Thank you! I will try the "'apps' user and 'apps' group (ID with 568)," now. It takes around 5 hours to apply so this really helps. I've been stuck for a month.

Haibane

Dabbler
No luck. I have rsync copied all content of cache dataset to a new dataset to try new ACL settings. Still stuck at deploying forever.
1710922509431.png

1710922538402.png

1710922775548.png

(i have even deleted the smb share so the "share attached" was no longer present)

Bust still stuck deploying forever.
Does it not support any kind of encryption?
I was able to get it work with no environment variables, no encryption, and the cache dataset managed by iX systems by defult.

Suggestions? I was not able to find an alternative for self hosted large media dataset with encription and search so i am suck with this for now.

Haibane

Dabbler
Update:
1710923350102.png

I have revoked ACL, removed all environment variables, undone any SMB or any modifications. Still stuck deploying forever.
The only difference: Empty cache folder vs. full cache folder.
No idea what could be wrong. Ig it will index from scratch every time I reboot which takes a little less than a week of fan at 100%.

Last edited:

crk1918

Dabbler
Update:
View attachment 76782
I have revoked ACL, removed all environment variables, undone any SMB or any modifications. Still stuck deploying forever.
The only difference: Empty cache folder vs. full cache folder.
No idea what could be wrong. Ig it will index from scratch every time I reboot which takes a little less than a week of fan at 100%.
Trying to upgrade today, stuck deploying at the 2.0.4 version, then I leave it to its deploying stage, then go to advanced Kubernetes settings and turn on GPU support(or turn off, whatever your setting is, forced to restart Kubernetes service) and wait about 10 min it will upgrade to the latest version for me.

Neopegasus

Dabbler
Trying to upgrade today, stuck deploying at the 2.0.4 version, then I leave it to its deploying stage, then go to advanced Kubernetes settings and turn on GPU support(or turn off, whatever your setting is, forced to restart Kubernetes service) and wait about 10 min it will upgrade to the latest version for me.
I update 2 day's ago no problem, but I did chmod at the folders , that's my solution.
Sadly my server crash today so can't help like trying things out.
I hope you can figure it out soon.

puppabriggy

Dabbler
I had an issue updating to 2.0.4 after figuring out the 1.1.13 =>2.0.3 issue. I ended up enabling acl for my import and sidecar config folders and it updated no issues.