Persmissions issue with Plex

Status
Not open for further replies.

statik

Explorer
I have FreeNAS 9.1.1 with Plex Media Server installed, and plex is linked up to my videos data set/folder.

After I add new videos to my video data set/folder, and then refresh my Plex library to load that new video file (which works fine), I get a permission error if I try to move or rename that file or folder. The only way I have been able to get around this is to check Set permission recursively AGAIN for that data set, or the whole volume if needed. I have to do this every time I want to move or rename a new file or folder.

What is the fix or automatic work around for this? Is there a way to have Set permission recursively to run automatically on a schedule?

cheezehead

Dabbler
You shouldn't need to set the permissions manually. Are you using the Plex plug-in or did you build the jail from scratch? Is the data sitting within the jail or did you add storage from another volume location outside of the jail?

statik

Explorer
I installed the Plex plugin which automatically creates its own jail and dataset. I added storage from another volume location outside the jail. All my video files are on a separate dataset.

cheezehead

Dabbler
You could have a cron job reapply permissions on a given interval or set the permissions so instead of 755 you could try 775.

Status
Not open for further replies.