Permissions now 000 and I can’t access my data anymore

garwhi

Dabbler
I just tried rebooting my Win machine and it worked! I can access FreeNAS from Windows and Linux. Thank you so much. I thought i was just going to get another NAS and just loose all my data. So glad you got it back for me.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Glad you‘re back in business. If you’ve ever seen Apollo 13, you may remember this quote from Gene Kranz, which is a wonderful philosophy for troubleshooting:

Let’s work the problem, people. Let’s not make things worse by guessing.​
Too many people, when faced with a problem, start guessing, and quickly make the situation worse by trying inappropriate things.

In your case, you need to start looking at backups. Even though ZFS is the safest filesystem known, Murphy still has a say. Servers don’t live forever, and you had a small preview of the horror of losing everything.

garwhi

Dabbler
Thank you so much Samuel. I freely admit that i did not know what i was doing and did indeed makes things worse for myself. I really like the fact that ZFS so robust a file system. And i will be making regular backups from my FreeNAS server to my local drives. Thanks so much Samuel for spending so much time with me to get me back in business. I won't forget this great kindness of yours.