Permissions issue after replication from Core

How would i unlock the dataset highlighted below? I replicated this from core to a scale build. The current smb permission is for the user sam.john, while i can mount the share, I can not then move or copy it elsewhere. I also realize I can not mount it to my esxi host as an NFS share (permission local user account). I don't want to do anything destructive as its the last copy of all my virtual machines. I have tried running the command below to remove read only bt it still shows under oplock as read only.

zfs set readonly=off ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR

root@emu-nas2-truenas[~]# smbstatus

Samba version 4.15.9-TrueNAS
PID Username Group Machine Protocol Version Encryption Signing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12786 sam.john sam.john 172.30.255.252 (ipv4:172.30.255.252:50588) SMB3_11 - partial(AES-128-CMAC)
12841 kim.tom kim.tom 172.30.255.251 (ipv4:172.30.255.251:57340) SMB3_11 - partial(AES-128-CMAC)

Service pid Machine Connected at Encryption Signing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROME-AIDEM 12483 172.30.255.247 Wed Sep 28 10:13:38 2022 EDT - -
IPC$ 12483 172.30.255.247 Wed Sep 28 10:13:38 2022 EDT - -
ROME-NVME-ATAD 12786 172.30.255.252 Wed Sep 28 10:13:40 2022 EDT - -
ESXI-Datastore-DR 12916 172.30.255.252 Wed Sep 28 10:13:41 2022 EDT - -
ROME-KTOM-MEDIA 12841 172.30.255.251 Wed Sep 28 10:13:41 2022 EDT - -
Locked files:
Pid User(ID) DenyMode Access R/W Oplock SharePath Name Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12916 5005 DENY_NONE 0x100081 RDONLY NONE /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR . Wed Sep 28 10:50:19 2022

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
How would i unlock the dataset highlighted below? I replicated this from core to a scale build. The current smb permission is for the user sam.john, while i can mount the share, I can not then move or copy it elsewhere. I also realize I can not mount it to my esxi host as an NFS share (permission local user account). I don't want to do anything destructive as its the last copy of all my virtual machines. I have tried running the command below to remove read only bt it still shows under oplock as read only.

zfs set readonly=off ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR

root@emu-nas2-truenas[~]# smbstatus

Samba version 4.15.9-TrueNAS
PID Username Group Machine Protocol Version Encryption Signing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12786 sam.john sam.john 172.30.255.252 (ipv4:172.30.255.252:50588) SMB3_11 - partial(AES-128-CMAC)
12841 kim.tom kim.tom 172.30.255.251 (ipv4:172.30.255.251:57340) SMB3_11 - partial(AES-128-CMAC)

Service pid Machine Connected at Encryption Signing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROME-AIDEM 12483 172.30.255.247 Wed Sep 28 10:13:38 2022 EDT - -
IPC$ 12483 172.30.255.247 Wed Sep 28 10:13:38 2022 EDT - -
ROME-NVME-ATAD 12786 172.30.255.252 Wed Sep 28 10:13:40 2022 EDT - -
ESXI-Datastore-DR 12916 172.30.255.252 Wed Sep 28 10:13:41 2022 EDT - -
ROME-KTOM-MEDIA 12841 172.30.255.251 Wed Sep 28 10:13:41 2022 EDT - -
Locked files:
Pid User(ID) DenyMode Access R/W Oplock SharePath Name Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12916 5005 DENY_NONE 0x100081 RDONLY NONE /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR . Wed Sep 28 10:50:19 2022
Do ids and group membership for users match on the two servers?

how would i tell? I suspect so as they both sync users and groups from the same jumpcloud ldap instance. But i am not sure

truenas core:
id. sam.john
uid=5005, gid=5005, groups=5005, 7001(ldap-photo-share)
+++++++
truenas scale:
id sam.john
uid=5005, gid=5005, groups=5005, 7001(ldap-photo-share)

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Okay. That looks correct. Do note that unless this was a one-off replication as part of migration strategy, turning dataset r/w is a bad idea. Since IDs are same, the next step would be to check that the path you're trying to access is on correct dataset and that it's not readonly. You can do this via shell:

df -T /path/of/interest This will show the dataset mounted there, and then you can use the zfs command to double-check properties.

A more fundamental question as well is what are you trying to move and where?

yeah this was a one off. So that I can change pools from mirror to raidz for more storage so i moved everything to my scale build temporarily. Now I am trying to move everything back over to the core build and to veam storage on a QNAP and got stuck here.

root@emu-nas2-truenas[~]# zfs list | grep ESXI
ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup 428G 20.8T 116K /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup
ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR 391G 7.62T 391G /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR
ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Media 36.5G 3.96T 36.5G /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Media

root@emu-nas2-truenas[~]# df -T /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR zfs 8589934592 410403584 8179531008 5% /mnt/ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
is there a chmod command that would work?
No. That's usually not the right solution.

What is output of testparm -s on both servers?
What is output of zfs get all ROME-SAS-MIRROR-VOL/ESXI-Datastore-Backup/ESXI-Datastore-DR ?
Note: enclose command output in [ CODE ] tags.

Have you tried su sam.john and then cd to the dir and performing the op through SSH to see whether SMB server or kernel permissions are preventing you from what you're wanting to do?

the scale pool was degraded so i replicated the dataset back to the core build. But the issue remains the same. If I try to access the files (from a PC or from esxi hosts) to reimport the vm or iso i get an error that I don't have permission. If I try to rsync the files to either my qnap or some other storage operating system I get a read only error message. Under pools it shows as readonly but in the CLI it says other wise.

Code:
 [ESXI-Datastore-Archive]
        ea support = No
        kernel share modes = No
        path = /mnt/NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive
        posix locking = No
        read only = No
        smbd max xattr size = 2097152
        vfs objects = streams_xattr shadow_copy_zfs ixnas zfs_core aio_fbsd
        nfs4:chown = true

Warning: the supported mechanisms for making configuration changes
are the TrueNAS WebUI and API exclusively. ALL OTHERS ARE
NOT SUPPORTED AND WILL RESULT IN UNDEFINED BEHAVIOR AND MAY
RESULT IN SYSTEM FAILURE.

root@emu-nas1-truenas[~]# zfs get all NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive
NAME                                             PROPERTY               VALUE                                              SOURCE
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  type                   filesystem                                            -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  creation               Wed Sep28 18:45 2022                                 -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  used                   388G                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  available              7.62T                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  referenced             388G                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  compressratio          1.75x                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  mounted                yes                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  quota                  none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  reservation            none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  recordsize             128K                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  mountpoint             /mnt/NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  sharenfs               off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  checksum               on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  compression            lz4                                              inherited from NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  atime                  off                                              inherited from NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  devices                on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  exec                   on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  setuid                 on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  readonly               on                                              local
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  jailed                 off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  snapdir                hidden                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  aclmode                passthrough                                           received
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  aclinherit             passthrough                                           inherited from NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  createtxg              42470                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  canmount               on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  xattr                  sa                                              received
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  copies                 1                                              received
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  version                5                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  utf8only               off                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  normalization          none                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  casesensitivity        sensitive                                             -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  vscan                  off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  nbmand                 off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  sharesmb               off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  refquota               8T                                              received
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  refreservation         none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  guid                   11561244379748269945                                  -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  primarycache           all                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  secondarycache         all                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  usedbysnapshots        0B                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  usedbydataset          388G                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  usedbychildren         0B                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  usedbyrefreservation   0B                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  logbias                latency                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  objsetid               8464                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  dedup                  off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  mlslabel               none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  sync                   standard                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  dnodesize              legacy                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  refcompressratio       1.75x                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  written                0                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  logicalused            689G                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  logicalreferenced      689G                                              -
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  volmode                default                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  filesystem_limit       none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  snapshot_limit         none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  filesystem_count       none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  snapshot_count         none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  snapdev                hidden                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  acltype                nfsv4                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  context                none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  fscontext              none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  defcontext             none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  rootcontext            none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  relatime               off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  redundant_metadata     all                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  overlay                on                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  encryption             off                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  keylocation            none                                              default
NAPLES-SATA-RAIDZ-VOLUME/ESXI-Datastore-Archive  keyformat              none                                              default 

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.00.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 2.04.41 PM.png
[/CODE][/CODE]