PC won't reboot after setting up FreeNAS 9.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mater47

Cadet
Hello,

I'm new with FreeNAS, and I have a problem.
I've installed FreeNAS 9.2.0 on my old pc. I've set it up.. inclusive Storage. I've used a WD hard disk 350Gb for storage. FreeNAS is installed on a 20Gb hard disk, both S-ATA.

Now when I reboot my PC, it won't. He freezes just after counting his memory, when he detects the hard drives. I can't even getting in the BIOS. The only solution to this is disconnect the hard drive used for storage. I've tried to format the disk and try again, then he boots. After setting up the storage in FreeNAS for the second time, i've reboot my PC, but with the same results. I've also tried using another hard drive (Seagate 250Gb), and even with this one my PC won't boot.

Does anyone know the reason for this problem? Now I can't use my FreeNAS system because he won't boot. When I disconnect the storagedrive, he boots but still I can't use it because then I have no storagedisk. I've read somewhere it has to do something with the bootsequence but I can't get into the BIOS to change is.

PC properties: Pentium 4 (3,00Ghz) with 2Gb memory, WD Hard disk (20Gb) for system, WD hard disk (350Gb) and Seagate hard disk (250Gb) for storage.

Thanks for feedback.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Are you using ZFS?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
ZFS will kill your data with 2GB. Familiarize yourself with the hardware requirements in the manual(and the need for ECC RAM). Using an "old PC" is NOT what FreeNAS is for(I don't care what the idiots on Youtube say...). FreeNAS is enterprise class and needs server-grade hardware. If this isn't something you are willing to do you should consider an alternate File Server OS right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.