Not open for further replies.

rottindog

Dabbler
Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-DV3
8 gigs Ram
2-2TB hard Drives in a zfs Raid
Freenas 8.2 rc1 x64 on an 8 gig usb stick

My freenas box stays up and running for days if I don't use it. As soon as I access files I get this error after a few minutes

-vm_page_free: pindex(89024), busy(1), vpo_busy(0), hold(0)
-panic: vm_page_free: freeing busy page
-cpuid=0
-uptime 12h1m28s

-Dump failed. Partition too small
-autoreboot in 15 seconds- press any key on the console to abort.

It does not reboot but just freezes.

Please help as I have a lot to family pic's and video on the box.

If I can't fix the problem is it possible to remove one of the hard drives and install it in a linux box and gain access to the files?

thanks

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Do you have anything under System-> Tunables?

If so, disabled autotune in Settings->Advanced and delete all Tunables. Then restart, twice, just to be safe.

rottindog

Dabbler
Thx for the reply.

I don't have autotune enabled. I double checked the tunables just in case and there are none.

I ran Memtest just to be sure and found on 4gig stick with errors. I was so happy and thought that was the problem but after removing it I got same problem.

Im only running a cifs share and it's a very basic system. I may try building another box out of some old parts and see if I can access the files and copy over to a new hardrive so I can install it in my linux machine.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

rottindog

Dabbler
I disconnected my hard drives and installed a new one. I installed Ubuntu and everything works just fine. I don't think I have a hardware problem. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

rottindog

Dabbler
I installed unplugged my drives. I installed a new one and installed freenas from new image I downloaded (on drifferent usb stick). I have no problems with this new setup. I can transfer large files to and from my freenas and other computers at very fast rates. I plug in the old drives and import the volumes and I get an error message.

"WARNING: The volume FreenasRaid2.0TB (ZFS) status is UNKNOWN: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected. Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise restore the entire pool from backup."

The data is still there but if I try a transfer freenas freezes and the original problem is back. I'm getting an new message on the freenas box itself that is telling me this.

-dev/ada2, 8 currently unreadable (pending) sectors.

I don't know if the one of the drives has errors on it but it shows up "healthy" and I can ztp in to my file with filezilla and transfer with no problems. I am also in the process of copying all of the files to the new hard drive that I install but after 37 min another crash.

Any help would be appreciated

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.