ownCloud 6 issue with permissions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adramalech

Dabbler
I have been having an issue with permissions.

I don't know what exactly I am doing wrong but I have been trying over and over again to setup ownCloud 6.0.1. The source directory is a directory with a btsync copy of my Dropbox and ebooks/pdfs. I have given that directory 0775 permission. I gave 0770 permissions to the /media directory in the ownCloud pbi for where the destination of the data is.

The error I am getting: Data directory (/media) not writable by ownCloud. Permissions can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the root directory.

I have tried giving jails/owncloud/usr/pbi/www/ 0775 permissions.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

OldSchool

Cadet
I am having similar issues. I looked in the /etc/passwd file to try and find a userid to create a user like I did with btsync but don't see what I should use there?

It's amazing how hard it is to find information I'd expect a lot of people would be looking for.... how to add in a jail storage to owncloud and set the permissions so it will work.....

I've been following http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Adding_Jails and the adding storage section, this worked succesfully for btsync but I can not find what userid the owncloud is running as?

D

dlavigne

I'm pretty sure it's www/www.

Typically you can get this type of information by looking either at the Makefile or the pkg-message (sometimes in files/) of the SVNWeb link for the port at freshports.org. In this case, owncloud's files/pkg-message.in indicates that it is really just an entry in apache's httpd.conf. Looking at the Makefile for apache22 shows that it creates the www user and the www group.

adramalech

Dabbler
Okay... Sooo I have updated to 9.2.1.2 firmware version. However, I still have the issue. I was wondering I do see www group however I do not see a www user? Should I see one? Also, the group id is 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.