Owncloud V6.03 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

norskman

Contributor
My Owncloud V6.03 plugin works fine with FreeNAS V9.2.1.5

When I access Owncloud locally - no issue.
When I access it remotely - I get an error

Directory /media is readable for other users
Change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by others.

I think this has happened since I started filling Owncloud with files. But I cannot be sure. It was working remotely before.

I did execute the command - from within the jail of:
chmod 0770 /media

but this did not fix it.

Any ideas - I think its something to do with the file ownerships

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No clue. Your answer is probably better answered in the Owncloud forums or IRC. I know you're likely to argue that it's a FreeNAS problem. But the reality is that the jail is a FreeBSD install. Aside from the fact that you are running on a FreeNAS host there's nothing special about our jails that are above and beyond FreeBSD's jails or a FreeBSD install directly to bare metal except for the extra framework for the jail that FreeNAS manages.

So if you think we have a framework problem and can prove it that's one thing. But whatever you choose to run inside the jail or plugin is pretty much your own business and outside the scope of this forum.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Keep one thing in mind.. if you go to the Owncloud forums or IRC they're likely to ask questions you can't answer because you used the push-button install. So you are very likely to be on an island alone because nobody here that has experience with FreeBSD uses the PBI and instead does their own install.

PBIs are great because they are pushbutton. But if things break you are pretty much on your own.

norskman

Contributor
Here is the fix to this problem for Owncloud V6.03 running on FreeNAS V9.2.1.5

I suspect this can happen on other versions as well.

Head for your jails.
Select the jail you use for owncloud.
click the icon at the bottom for the shell

type ls-la /media ((this is the destination in the jail). In your specific case make sure you chown the correct directory or this won't work.

This will show the current owner of the owncloud directory. It needs to owner by the user and group - www

In my case I store my owncloud in /media (this is the destination in the jail). In your specific case make sure you chown the correct directory or this won't work.
type:
chown www:www /media

type -ls-la /media (this is the destination in the jail). In your specific case make sure you chown the correct directory or this won't work.
it should now work.

I am not sure why the owner of the directory should change like this - but this does fix it. all files intact!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.