Options for replacing a single disk pool with a smaller sized disk?

markymark832

Dabbler
hi the title says it all really
i have a 2tb hybrid hdd/ssd drive i was gifted, so i put it in my NAS just as a little additional storage, created a pool with it, and started messing around with iocage/jails on it. there's about 150gb of data on this disk ( hardly utilised)
forgot about it's setup and carried on.. two years later
Device: /dev/da7 [SAT], Self-Test Log error count increased from 7 to 8.
Device: /dev/da7 [SAT], 8 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors.
Device: /dev/da7 [SAT], 8 Offline uncorrectable sectors.

so I have brought a 1tb ssd drive.
but for the life of me i can't see the best way to replace this.
all guides I see are for replacing disks in zvols and reslivering them, which I have done before absolutely fine with my main storage areas before.
just unsure of best way to do here? is there a way? to setup a new pool duplicate the pool then remove the old drive? then going to point all my jails and vms to the new pool?

thanks for any advice given

mark

ChrisRJ

Wizard
With such a small amount of data I wouldn't even bother to do it like this. Why not add the SSD as a new pool and transfer the data? And if there is no SATA connection left, just use a USB drive (or two if you value your data) as temporary storage.

markymark832

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply, I thought this was going to probably be the only real option, my concern is hooking all the jails and vm's back upto the system once I have moved it all, is it simple enough?

sretalla