Dabbler
my specs:
i3-10100
8gb ram
1tb Western Digital Caviar 7200rpm
MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk Gaming Motherboard
EDUP 10Gb Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Network Controller Card with Heat Sink
truenas IP: 192.168.1.16

before you try to say anything please not that talk to me like i am 6 years old thank you.

So I setup my truenas after watching a YouTube video and i was able to access all my files on a separate system in the network folder, but i want to access them from outside my home so i saw thing video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEkfW4aC9Rk . I make a DNS that points so my systems public IP (i know this because it changes from 0.0.0.0 to the devices public IP) then I go to my router and setup port forwarding as you can see below
1673168271350.png

i made CA and named it openvpn_root_ca and in common name and subject alternate name i put the hostname which it truenas.(personal info).com (i named it in google domains when creating the dns) . then i go to certification and do the same thing twice once for server and another for client. then i go to services and put in ip 10.8.0.0/24 and did the same thing as the video except the port i set to 1194. so i download the client profile in openvpn server services and when i go to openclient app it doesn't work. i don't know if i am doing something wrong. I pretty much did everything in the video but it doesn't work, also i live in Saudi Arabia (lots of vpns are banned from downloading)