Only one jail can be created - second fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosch1482

Dabbler
Hi,

I have Freenas 9.2.1.3 running.
I deleted all jail related datasets.

I created a new dataset called Jails and properly set it up in jail configuration. (I tried as well to give 777 rights on that directory and setting a quota of 100G)

When I create a Jail it works for the first jail. The ".warden.xxx" dataset is properly created and everything is working fine.

If i try to create the second jail, it fails with following error message:

Jails that I want to create:
Standard --> to Run MariaDB
PluginJail -->
Plugin Transmission

I really don`t unterstand why it should be possible to create the first jail but than it fails.

Additional test i did: the first jail works everytime, independend from the jail type (tested with: standard, plugin, debian). The second will always fail, independent if i create a standard, pluginjail or even a debian jail.

Any idea how to fix this?

Frosch1482

Dabbler
Ok, I think i fixed it.

Here what I did in order to solve the issue.
  • Delete all ZFS datasets regarding jails
  • Check permissions on /mnt/"ZFSPOOL" where you wanto to create the Jail
  • Create Jail ZFS Dataset
  • Install Plugin without creating a pluginjail by hand. The plugin jail will be created automatically (in my case I installed Transmission)
  • Create other Jails (I was able to create a Standard and Debian Jail)
Everything looks fine now, but I really don`t understand what was wrong before. Basically it should be possible to create more than one jail, even if I want to do everything manually :)

Frosch1482

Dabbler
Hi,

today I wanted to test the VirtualBox jail.

When I try to add a new jail following error comes up:

Code:
http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.2/x64/freenas-virtualbox-4.3.12.tgz: No address record ERROR: 
Failed extracting: http://download.freenas.org/jails/9.2/x64/freenas-virtualbox-4.3.12.tgz 
cannot open 'Data/Jail/.warden-template-VirtualBox-4.3.12': dataset does not exist ERROR: 
Failed to create ZFS base dataset

I really don`t have a clue how to solve it. I just want to avoid that I have to remove all jails as i did last time when this issue occured. Any Idea how to fix this? BTW FreeNas 9.2.1.6 is running on my system...

cyberjock

Inactive Account

Frosch1482

Dabbler
Suddenly the problem disappeared yesterday after upgrading to 9.2.1.7... Don`t ask me why :)

Status
Not open for further replies.