Only around 10mb/s data transfer

umrotzer

Dabbler
Ok hey guys,

I checked several stuff online, but all I've found are very old threads or I'm blind xd.

First i checked cables all cat 5e and up so all good for 1gbit. Second all my stuff gets recognized as 1gbit network so also all fine.

My problem is that after I Freenas 10 Or 11 my transfer rate between nas and pc is only 10mb/s normaly around 100mb/s should be possible but I would totally be fine with anything between 50-100mb/s.

So is the low transfer rate because of some internal os changes?

Raid with 4 HDDs
Truenas on USB (no space for ssd)
MB ASUS E35M1-l
8GB RAM

If u need more infos or logs just let me know

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Most of the AMD APU's use Realtek ethernets, which have poor driver support. You can check out your network performance with iperf, and if it is a problem, the best fix is to add in an Intel Desktop CT ethernet card -- make sure you get a legit Intel one, usually about $35, not a fake Asian knockoff, usually less.

Many examples of this exist on the forum, some of which include the keyword "hamster", because I frequently say that these parts are powered by a little hamster in a spinny wheel, and sometimes the hamster gets old or dies.

Also, we don't know what "mb/s" is. Is that millibits per second? Perhaps you meant megabits per second, or megabytes per second, there is an order of magnitude difference there. Please check out the Terminology and Abbreviations Primer which will help us communicate better and will give a better idea of what you're actually experiencing.

umrotzer

Dabbler
OK first thx for your answer.

And with mb/s I mean Megabyte per second

And then I will check for a new network card for the board and see if this will fix the problem.

umrotzer

Dabbler
So update:

The problem was the same on the Intel card.

So I I checked the connections again between both network boxes and the one wire pair was messed up, that's why it was 100mbit/s and not 1000.

So the realtek chipset is totally fine

sretalla