One HDD into 4 partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibeesmad

Cadet
Before installing FreeNAS, I'd like to know if this is possible? I have 4 Hikvision IP cameras which require a separate partition and NFS share for each camera to record on a single HDD. I aim to install FreeNAS onto a flash USB using an HP Microserver and a 2TB WD Red.

Thanks,
Johnny

D

dlavigne

Yup, simply create a dataset for each camera/share on the ZFS formatted storage disk.

gpsguy

Would 4GB of RAM be enough for ZFS?

No. You'll need at least 8Gb minimum for ZFS on FreeNAS. If your Microserver came with 2Gb, consider buying an 8Gb stick of ECC RAM. Should you need to add RAM down the road, you'll be glad you did.

Sent from my phone

9C1 Newbee

Patron
Kinda off topic. But model number hikvision cameras. I have been trying to piece together something that would utilize the FreeNAS system. What will you be viewing the cameras with? Blue Iris?

hibeesmad

Cadet
Kinda off topic. But model number hikvision cameras. I have been trying to piece together something that would utilize the FreeNAS system. What will you be viewing the cameras with? Blue Iris?
It's the Hikvision DS-2cCD2032-I and DS-2CD2132-I. The cameras would use built in motion detection so software wouldn't be needed - it can be viewed via the web interface.

Raiz

Explorer
Did you ever get this set up? I'm buying some IP cameras in the next couple days and would love some more help setting it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.